icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Manager, Finance in the Maternal and Child Health Division (MCHD) to deal with multiple projects under the division.
The Manager, Finance will report to the Division Support Coordinator and will be responsible for performing operational and financial management under the division; and analysis of divisional projects and organizational performance including interlinked policy issues related to Finance, Budget, Compliance, Procurement, and HR satisfying the donors, auditors and PIs with the objective of supporting leadership decision-making and enhancing the support to the division. S/he will be involved in –
- Coordinate and execute budget and forecast, manage budget code, implement budgetary control, cost allocation, and cost adjustment under the division;
- Review all the divisional project agreement and highlight donor restrictions, requirements, financial reporting, invoice format, and audit requirements;
- Interpret and ensure the application of donor agreement as well as the Centre’s Financial Policies and Procedures in order to prepare a budget, budgetary control, costing, and cost allocation;
- Collect financial and cost information (budgets, income & expense statements, other financial reports prescribed by funding agencies, cash flow statements, etc.) periodically from various teams within the division;
- Identify gaps in data and liaise with the concerned team to bridge the gap; Analyze data for immediate issues and short-term and long-term risks;
- Devise potential solutions to include in reports and present to stakeholders in order to support decision-making through sound financial analysis;
- Prepare budget required for various donor agencies, prepare and examine reports within the division and budget unit;
- Understand the need for new reports from stakeholders (PIs, Senior Scientists, Scientist, and Project Coordinator’s); Create templates and stylistic guides; Liaise with teams within the division and budget unit for periodic collection of data and information;
- Liaise with various teams under Finance Department with the division office to Understand Centre’s policies and procedures and identify necessary frequency of review and update within stakeholders;
- Monitor and establish control on approved financial plans and budgets in accordance with approved guidelines and policy;
- Conduct program analysis and prepare relevant reports independently;
- Provide budget clearance for all expenditure in order to ensure the efficient and effective operation of budgetary control activities and grant management.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Masters in Commerce / Business Administration (Accounting/Finance). Preference will be given to the candidates who are CA/CMA/ ACCA certified or partly completed;
- 5 years of financial management with a focus on analysis and reporting in a large organization.
Contract Type and duration:
- Fixed Term contract; duration will be 1 Year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. 1,459,020/- inclusive of house rent, conveyance, and other admissible benefits;
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by March 16, 2023.