Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe’s Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz, Afrin Idleb, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
in NW Syria – Idlib – Aldana
The position is to be filled by May 1, 2023. Employment/Service location will be Aldana- Idlib – NW Syria. The position is paid according to SG5 [[paygrade]].
The MEL assistant will be in charge of supporting the monitoring of overall project activities throughout Idleb governorate, Syria; the project aims to support the most vulnerable internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities (HCs) with multi-sectoral components to ease their access to food, hygiene, and non-food items. The MEL assistant will be reporting to the SYR1078 project MEL officer in the Turkey office.
The task of the MEL assistant shall be:
- Conduct field monitoring and process documentation through data collection, gathering information from communities regarding FSL, WASH and NFI need.
- Conduct multi-sectoral assessment as required for this or other projects and equip the organization with adequate information to make decisions.
- Conduct data analysis and highlight weak areas during project implementation – self-implemented or partners.
- Keep track of assessment updates and oversight of field enumerators, if needed.
- In line with Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), proactively develop and manage feedback and complaint mechanisms according to the local circumstances of the project.
- Monitor the effectiveness, and efficiency of the activities in the field.
- Keep the track of project’s indicators, data accuracy, and desegregation to ensure the project is implemented towards stated objectives and indicators.
- Produce monitoring and site-visit reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Conduct baseline and end-line study of the project activity
- Conduct KIIs, surveys, and FGDs.
- Report any case that occurs in the field that might be affected directly or indirectly to activities implemented in a timely manner.
- Any other requested duties by the line manager.
- Position is open to Syrian nationals only in Idleb governorate.
- Education: A Diploma/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university is preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum of two to three years or more of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience in conducting Key Informant Interviews/assessments
- Experience in using data collection tools such as Kobo toolbox, Akvoflow, or Commcare.
- Experience in conducting verification of targeted people
- Experience in writing monitoring reports in English.
- Knowledge of common computer programs, particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
- Other Skills
- Experience working in insecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management.
- Data cleaning and Data analysis
- Social Skills Ability to network and work in a team.
- Language Skills: English and Arabic required (written & spoken).
The MEL assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees/consultants and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition,
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment/consultancy contract shall be terminated.