UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The UNDP Tajikistan Country Office was selected as the Principal Recipient in the implementation of HIV/AIDS and TB grants provided to Tajikistan by the Global Fund since 2003. The overall goal of the Project is to reduce the burden of HIV and TB in the country through addressing challenges related to HIV, drug resistant (“DR”) TB, co-infection of TB/HIV, human rights barriers, and underlying health systems shortcomings calling for urgent actions. The Project is streamlined around five main objectives, aiming at ensuring effective HIV response measures among key populations (KPs), scaling up access for early and quality diagnosis, treatment and care, ensuring integrated care for those affected both by TB and HIV, as well as strengthening national public heath response. The Project will build up on the previous projects’ achievements and results; it will additionally, introduce innovative approaches. Also, the Project will contribute to the national health care reform by building and improving the technical and managerial capacities of health professionals, promoting participation of civil society organizations in the response to the HIV/AIDS and TB epidemics, and enhancing the cooperation of non-governmental organizations with the public health sector. In 2021 the country was awarded additional funding from the Global Fund aimed at strengthening the national response to COVID-19 and mitigating the impact of the pandemic on HIV and TB programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and evaluation officer will have three main responsibilities:
- To be responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the grant jointly with M&E Reporting Specialist;
- Support M&E Reporting Specialist and other project team in developing donor reporting (PUDR), contracting SRs, review and ensure timely and quality submission of reports by SRs;
- Capacity building of national partners on M&E related activities.
To be responsible for Monitoring and evaluation activities of the HIV grant jointly with M&E Reporting Specialist
- Support in development of draft M&E plans (separate for each Sub Recipient (SR) and an overall one for the Principal Recipient) for HIV component;
- Develop a field monitoring plan based on agreed upon progress and target indicator sets and undertake ongoing field and desk monitoring of project supported interventions of SRs;
- Develop/update monitoring and evaluation tools including forms, questionnaire, check lists etc.
- Undertake regular field trips to the project sites with the purpose of performing monitoring assessments; develop reports and make a follow up on recommendations
- Prepare substantial monitoring and evaluation reports; make follow up on the recommendations in the report
- Prepare in form and substance satisfactory to the GF and UNDP periodic M&E reports on implementation of the project
- Participate in development of uniformed system of indicators and ensure appropriate use of those;
- Assist in drafting of TORs for Baseline, Mid-term and End of program Evaluations for each grant.
Support M&E Reporting Specialist and other project team in developing donor reporting (PUDR), contracting SRs, review and ensure timely and quality submission of reports by SRs
- Review periodic technical reports of SRs and provide appropriate comments;
- Assist in consolidation of periodic reports for submission to donor;
- Closely coordinate with the project staff in order to ensure timely and substantial reporting on activities implemented.
The incumbent will report to the to the Programme Manager of the Global Fund.
||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
|Adapt with Agility:
||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
|Act with Determination:
||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
|Engage and Partner:
||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
|Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
|Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience Abilit to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
|Business Direction and Starstegy
|Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameorks in the organiation and ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks.
|Digital and Innovation
|Ability tio extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making.
|Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
|Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
|Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
|Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Bachelor’s Level Degree in relevant discipline including public health, epidemiology, public administration, international development, sociology, social science or equivalent would be desired, but it is not a requirement.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in the field of M&E is a must and in the field of HIV or TB M&E would be an asset.
- Alternatively, if in possession of Bachelor’s degree, three years of relevant experience would be required.
- Experience in all aspects of evaluation from initial design, field test, implementation, analysis, communication and final use of the evaluation findings.
- Experience in assessment of data quality and analysis of data sets, preferably related to health, HIV/AIDS or TB.
- Country-level experience in capacity building for health management information systems. Experience of working with international advisory bodies an asset
- Russian, English and Tajik with proven writing skills
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.