JOB TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: MEAL Team
Type of Contract: 3 Months
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Under close supervision of Field Manager with a dotted line to Head of MEAL, The MEAL Officer execute MEAL system in all programme interventions in designated area, ensure Smooth functioning of MEAL system in all projects of the designated area. Conduct frequent quality monitoring visit against Quality Benchmarks randomly and capacitate to the program team for regular MEAL template/format/form of data collection and reporting as well as update Output Tracker (OT) and Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTTs) of all existing projects in the designated area. Support to the Head of MEAL during baseline survey, formative and operational research, evaluation period and reporting time etc. Make sure the complaint & feedback mechanisms are well functional in the designated area. Keep good coordination and collaboration with all program team and partner staffs as well. Maintain regular report preparation and share with proper channel.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager with dotted Line to Head of MEAL
Staff reporting to this post: NA
Budget Responsibilities: MEAL Budget at designated field office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop/review Monitoring Checklist of program activities. Translate it into local language, if required.
- Capacity building of program staffs on project related M&E format/template/form of data collection; Output tracker (OT) and Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT).
- Organize frequent field visit to monitor program activities / interventions against Quality Benchmarks/Quality Checklists and produce & share reports to concerned program team as well as management team based on quality and accountability findings and incorporate inputs from program team in action agreed plan.
- Support program staff to strengthen joint planning and monitoring with stakeholders.
- Assist to Head of MEAL /Program Manager for conducting situation analysis studies
- Contribute to the quality of program design – reviewing log-frames, results frameworks, project plan, strategic plans, MEAL Plan etc.
- Technical support in developing MEAL plans
- Technical support in conducting baseline studies
- Technical support in collecting quality data and analysis against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis
- Technical support in Total Reach, Global indicators reporting of SCI.
- Ensure the quality of reporting data and verify those data and information from sources periodically on sample basis.
- Review & reflect whether the DIP is followed as per the plan or not during all staff meeting.
- To carry out follow-up monitoring visits to materialize action agreed in action plan also maintain ‘ Monitoring-Action Plan Tracker’ at field level.
- Maintain close coordination with Head of MEAL on Quality and Accountability issues. Share all information (monitoring reports, CFM database preliminary inquiry reports) with MEAL Manager while taking Field Manager in the loop.
- Assist to Head of MEAL/Program Manager for all formative and operational research.
- Support to evaluation team while conducting periodic evaluation of project intervention at field level, if required.
- Assist to Head of MEAL /Program Manager in preparing and conducting baseline studies.
- Ensure quality case studies through program team.
- Establish an effective functional system for complaints/feedback handling and response mechanisms at community level in the support of MEAL Assistant.
- Ensure the Complaint Feedback Mechanism (CFM) are functional and accessible to beneficiaries.
- Develop regular trend analysis of complaints at organizational level and share it with program team as per protocols.
- To assist Head of MEAL in carrying out preliminary first verification report in case of serious nature of complaints filed by beneficiaries/communities and support for investigation of that types of complaints as per CFM protocol.
- Make sure that the action agreed plans and CFM action plans are followed in timely manner or not by program team.
- On quality and accountability issues, share all information (monitoring reports, CFM databases, preliminary verification reports, case studies etc)
- Share MEAL findings & CFM issues in each monthly meeting as defined in the protocol.
- Ensure that the CFM guideline is being followed by all staffs within PNGOs alnong with board members and SC both.
- Assist to Head of MEAL /Program Manager for developing quality reports and findings.
- Generate periodic reports and share along with document the key learning from the MEAL system.
- Ensure the key learning’s are incorporated in upcoming plan and interventions.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with entire team members of organization, colleagues, members and external partners, supporters and stakeholders.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Produce and share MEAL monthly, quarterly, half yearly and cumulative yearly compile report to the Head of MEAL /Field Manager and program team through proper channel.
- Ensure that all the data related to MEAL action Plan tracker & CFM database are recorded and updated in a timely manner through MEAL Assistant.
- Coordinate closely with the all SC staffs and report with updated complaints registered, their resolution process, Action plan tracker & other MEAL related issues.
- Assist to Head of MEAL to generate quality MEAL report.
- Carry out dual responsibility in case of big emergency as per organizational requirement
- Any other tasks given by line manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing the above responsibilities efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages partner staffs to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences (public health, education, development, or information technology)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2 years of monitoring and evaluation and/or research experience with at least 1 years Officer level experience preferably with INGOs
- Trained in data management and with at least one-year experience working with Excel managing databases
- Familiarity with project frameworks [design/implementation/M&E] cycle
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection (M&E methods) and data analysis
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI vision, mission and values
- Enthusiasm, motivation, self-confidence, and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work as part of a team
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.