WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: National Consultant (SFP DPP preparation) SSA9, Dhaka
Type of contract: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 04 months
Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Vacancy Number: 583700
Date of Publication: 06 March 2023
Deadline of Application: 10 March 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals
Terms and Conditions: WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
The consultant will mainly support the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education (MoPME) and Directorate of Primary Education in preparing the Development Project Proforma (DPP) for the School Feeding Program (SFP) at primary level in Bangladesh. The scope of work includes conducting a comprehensive analysis of the previous SFP and needs assessment for a new program. Another key step would be the development of a comprehensive and sustainable plan for the school feeding program, including goals, objectives, activities, and budget. The consultant will directly work with key/respective officials at MoPME and DPE and maintain a collaborative and consultative process throughout the development of the DPP.
The consultant will report to the Program Director and will be required to submit regular progress reports as well as the final report. The performance of the consultant will be monitored and evaluated on the basis of deliverables and progress reports.
• Review existing literature and data on the previous school feeding program in Bangladesh;
• Conduct field visits to gather information from stakeholders, including government officials, school administrators, and community members;
• Develop a comprehensive needs assessment report, including recommendations for improvements to the program;
• Prepare a detailed project proposal, including project goals, objectives, activities, and budget;
• Provide a detailed project implementation plan, including an action plan outlining specific steps, timelines, and responsible parties for implementation;
• Prepare a detailed project monitoring and evaluation plan;
• Provide a detailed financial plan, including project costs, budget, and funding sources;
• Listing out all activities and outputs of the program to be included in DPP;
• Preparing cost table, project schedule and other contents as per GoB format in consultation with relevant officials at DPE;
• Preparing all annexes to be attached to the DPP;
• Providing support in collecting comments, feedback and suggestions from the stakeholders on the draft DPP;
• Finalizing the DPP addressing comments and suggestions and assisting the approval process of DPP.
EDUCATION: Completion of Master’s degree from a foreign university, particularly in any development-related field will be an added advantage;;
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least 15 years of professional experience in public sector of which at least 5 years should be at policy-level.
LANGUAGE : Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English (Level C) and Bangla
• Should have experience in project design, implementation, and evaluation, as well as experience in the education sector;
• Broad and in-depth experience in and familiarity with rules and procedures of Government agencies and bilateral and multilateral development agencies in Bangladesh;
• Experience and understanding of the government’s financial system and familiarity with budget codes;
• Understanding of the development and approval process of a development project/program implemented by a government agency;
• Should have strong presentation skill and proven ability to lead the discussion during consultative meetings;
• Strong analytical and writing skills are also required.
• Sound knowledge of English language (reading, writing, listening and speaking);
• Excellent computer skills.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
This email is only to be used for any accessibility requirement in terms of application and not for sending the application itself.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Friday, 10 March 2023