Programme Management Specialist, under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Assistant Representative, will be responsible for the administration and management of UNFPA’s programmes.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The Fund operates globally since 1969 in more than 150 countries and territories. UNFPA focuses on women and young people, because these are the groups whose rights are often compromised UNFPA has been active in Ukraine since 1997.
The ongoing war in Ukraine continues to take a toll on the lives of an estimated 14.5 million people in need of health assistance and an estimated 17.7 million people requiring protection assistance and services inside Ukraine. The estimated number of internally displaced people is 6.9 million, and more than 7.5 million refugees are recorded in European countries. As of 17 October, WHO had verified 541 attacks on health facilities; access to health care remains extremely challenging due to severe service disruptions, security concerns, restricted mobility, broken supply chains and mass displacement.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective management of UNFPA humanitarian projects and activities in the areas of population development, reproductive health, health system response to GBV, including reproductive health commodity security and other areas covered by the UNFPA mandate.
Through substantive analysis and assessment of political, social and economic environment, you will contribute to programme formulation and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, financial management and reporting. Day-to-day responsibilities of the Programme Management Specialist will be integrated to humanitarian response activities and later to UNFPA’s efforts supporting recovery initiatives.
Programme Management Specialist will monitor results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
You would be responsible for:
1) Programme implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of Objectives and Results of managed programmes.
- Deliver results in accordance with the programmes’ documents, work plans, communication and distribution plans and result framework, ensuring inclusion of donor-specific regulations and requirements.
- Draft progress and annual reports, mainstreaming evidence-based approach through utilizing the programme-generated data.
- Coordinate programme monitoring and evaluation, as well as audit activities.
- Ensure sound management of the budget components allocated for the programme implementation including working plans of the implementing partners.
- Ensure sustainability of the programme by securing government, local authorities and CSOs ownership through active cooperation between and among all involved stakeholders and building of the national institutional capacities.
- Ensure that the programmes’ activities comply with UNFPA global and regional guidance and policies.
- Ensure visibility of the programmes in accordance with the respective donor regulations and UNFPA visibility and communication guidelines.
- Arrange and monitor field level activities of the programmes’ including applying online solutions.
- Assure that due security measures are in place with regard to the programme personnel and assets.
- Ensure that girls and women specifically the ones from the vulnerable groups, are consulted and engaged in programmes’ activities design, delivery, and monitoring, and represented in community-level decisions.
- Ensure timely procurement, delivery and distribution of equipment, vehicles, commodities and supplies in the framework of the humanitarian response.
- Closely monitor the security situation across Ukraine and appropriately react to the risks for programme delivery.
- Ensure establishment of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system with regards to the delivery of the managed programmes.
- Be ready to react quickly to rapidly changing environment.
- Adhere to the principles of sound financial management.
2) Contribution to Inter-Agency coordination and partnerships building
- Maintain close liaison with national and local partners, ensuring optimum participation of all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with the national authorities, CSOs and international development organizations or projects.
- Ensure coordination with relevant working groups and information sharing including within UN family.
- Facilitate collection, analysis and interpretation of data in the field of programmes’ implementation in the target regions and municipalities of Ukraine. Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical issues related to programme implementation.
- Monitor the changes in legal framework and government decisions affecting programme implementation.
- Prepare regular updates with situation analysis (political, social, and economic) in the field of the programme implementation.
- Whenever necessary contribute to the activities of the health and GBV sub-clusters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management and coordination/implementation services or related field preferably in the international environment. Experience in managing humanitarian delivery programmes is required. Experience coordinating programmes within the UN system is an advantage.
- Experience and understanding of implementing programmes/initiatives aimed at human rights, gender equality, women’s empowerment, and population development. Experience in delivery Sexual and Reproductive Health assistance, and GBV prevention services, preferably from healthcare system side, in humanitarian context is an advantage.
- Experience in designing, monitoring, and evaluating humanitarian and development programmes is required. Establishing inter-relationships among international organisation and national governments is an advantage.
- Proven successful experience in developing of evidence-based publications, reports, advocacy materials are desirable.
- Experience in organisation of workshops, seminars, conferences, involving international organisations, national and regional stakeholders is required.
- Experience in partnerships with corporate sector or in the area of corporate social responsibility is an advantage.
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into recovery issues at the national and sub-national levels.
- Knowledge of UN standard operating procedures is an advantage.
- Proficient knowledge of office software packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.) is required.
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Management, International Relations, Human Rights, Law, Economics, Gender Studies or other studies relevant for UNFPA mandate.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian. Knowledge of other UN languages will be an advantage.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Development and Innovation
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
- Agility and Adaptiveness
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.