IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
This position is located in Peshawar, KP province. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
This position is at SB 3- SC 6 level.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, in close coordination with the security unit in Islamabad, under direct supervision of Senior Project Officer the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
The Local Security Personnel will contribute to the safety and security of all FAO staff, assets, programs and projects in his/her AoR.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assists in implementation of Provincial Office Security Plan
• Provide assistance in the implementation of the Security Plan, Contingency Plans and the UN Security Framework, including ensuring that all FAO personnel are covered in his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR) by relevant Security Plans;
• In conjunction with the HR, ensure Staff Lists are maintained and regularly provided to UNDSS including details of visiting missions and consultants.
• Administer and test the FAO Warden Plan in his/her AOR;
• Ensure the implementation of adequate emergency plans and procedures for responding to emergencies involving FAO staff in all project locations/offices in his/her AOR;
• Be prepared for 24-hour response to all security and safety related incidents involving FAO staff, ensuring coordination with DSS where required.
• Ensure that FAO personnel, offices, residences and equipment are SRM compliant;
• Ensure that all staff members posted to FAO provincial office have completed the mandatory Training/s, and / or and that records of certificates are maintained with Security Unit;
• Conduct periodic appropriate security assessments of FAO premises and equipment and provide advice on shortfalls in security preparedness with recommended improvements and solutions as and when required;
• Implement office security measures and procedures (access control of visitors and vehicles) for all FAO offices and facilities (including project offices) in his/her AOR.
• Ensure appropriate professional liaison with host government agencies and local authorities, counterparts in UN and diplomatic missions, and municipal/traditional leaders, in coordination with DSS as required.
• Immediately report all security and safety related incidents involving FAO staff to supervisor and UNDSS provincial office;
• Assist in the preparation of FAO security reports such as the Incident Reports and Weekly Reports;
• Maintain routine and confidential correspondence files/documents related to security issues;
• Assist in implementation of the Business Continuity Plan, as required.
• Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree is required in Political Science, Military Studies, Security Management, Management.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work.
• Working knowledge of English, Urdu, Pashto and other local languages used in KP is required.
• National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ Functional Skills
• Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
• Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
• Knowledge and understanding of sourcing within the procurement function.
• Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
• Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
• Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation
• Solid computer skills
• Knowledge of the UNSRM system
• Knowledge of UN Communications equipment
• Ability to travel
• Physically fit
• Strong analytical and report writing skills;
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential. Multi-disciplinary team development and management experiences’.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT