GRADE EQUIVALENT TO NO-A LEVEL
The Quality National Officer works under the supervision of the Aden Field Officer.
Considering the crisis in Yemen and ongoing attempts to improve accessibility to health facilities, as well as availability of services, the functionality of health facilities, and utilization of health services, there is a need to ensure and improve the IPC & Quality practices in health facilities.
Accordingly, WHO, WB, unicef and the MoPHP are embarking on piloting initiatives focusing on Quality and Infection Prevention and Control (IPC).
The emergency of COVID19 pandemic end of 2019 highlighted importance of IPC as a discipline that prevents further spread of infectious diseases at health facility and community level. There is limitation in the implementation of effective national and facility level IPC programmes based on the WHO core components guideline.
The main purpose of the Quality Officer is to support and assist in measuring the implementation of Quality/IPC activities in healthcare activities/intervention in the targeted HFs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
FUNCTION 1 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
- To provide technical support to the national Quality/IPC team of MOPHP in Aden on the Quality/IPC guidelines and actively participate in the Quality/IPC technical working group.
- Contribute introducing Quality/IPC plans, procedures, guidelines, and protocols in coordination with technical team lead and MOH on Quality/IPC activites.
- Liaise with WHO technical officers and hubs to collect information and data needed about Quality/IPC in the targeted Health Facilities (HFs).
FUNCTION 2 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
- Conduct training and capacity building in Southern and Eastern governorates in close coordination and collaboration with MoPHP in Aden. Targetting health facilities (HF), Isolation Units (IU), and Points of Entry (PoE).
- Update Quality/IPC interventions in healthcare facilities based on the epidemiological & Quality reports presented by MoPHP.
FUNCTION 3 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
- Assess the existing situation of Quality/IPC in healthcare facilities, provide report, set action plan, and track progress.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of Quality/IPC multimodal strategies concept in targeted healthcare facilities in coordination with EMRO.
- Conduct field visits to health facilities to assess the Quality/IPC related needs, gaps and monitor the progress.
- Represent WHO Quality activities/IPC pillar lead in Aden meetings.
NEKWORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Coordinate interventions and pilots with different stakeholders working in this field.
IMPACT OF FUNCTIONS
Strengthen the Quality/Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) in the health facilities
- Essential: University Degree in Medicine or health related field. Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferable.
- Professional training in quality, patient safety, infection prevention and control or any relevant .
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- From 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the field of quality in health care settings.
- Previous experience in conducting training and capacity building on quality of health care and IPC.
- Proven quality project management skills for about 2 years are required that demonstrate the incumbent’s ability to plan, implement, and manage complex projects.
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Knowledge of WHO quality standards and guidelines, health sector in Yemen and Yemeni laws, rules, and regulations governing patient care and treatment, and related services and activities.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide on the job training and capacity building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health as they relate to health care, IPC and patient safety.
- Ability to undertake evidence-based and rigorous advocacy on issues relating quality for various audiences, levels and programs in various settings.
- Excellent knowledge of country level situations with regard to their health systems development and management, good understanding of relevant country’s needs, priorities and policies, along with WHO’s policies, practices, guidelines and procedures in the related areas and ability to apply them in the country office setting.
- Ability to travel and move in the and out of governorates.
Fluent in English and the local language
- Fostering Integration and Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Producing Results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way and in English and Arabic both spoken and written.
- Technical expertise