Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Country Director, your main responsibility will be to support the definition of ACF Positioning in Ukraine and mainstream in external for a and platforms.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
– Acting as a policy focal point for the Ukraine mission by providing direct support to the mission, developing positioning, strategic engagements, and identifying policy recommendations.
– Developing and supporting implementation of ACF Ukraine policy and advocacy strategy, in line with ACF HQ and mission strategy.
– Representing, networking, and attending the coordination forums to maintain and mainstream ACF’s position.
You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, including advocacy project management, emergency contexts, and in a humanitarian environment (NGO, UN). You also have experience in grants management, M&E information for advocacy/data collection/analysis (both qualitative and quantitative data), campaigns, writing and production of reports, policy analysis/briefs, and publications.
You have a good knowledge of the IHL, humanitarian principles, humanitarian system, transformative agenda, issues impacting humanitarian action (COTER, integration, politicization, stabilization, state-building, etc.).
You are recognized for your strategic and critical thinking, in addition to your planning and communication/representation skills for the dialogues with partners and government.
You speak fluently English. Ukrainian is a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450EUR to 2800EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 493 Euros net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 300 Euros
– 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen
– Child allowance, 1500EUR/year/child (capped to 6000EUR)
– Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission
– 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + private insurance) and repatriation insurance
– 25 days of paid leaves per year
– 20 RnR per year. + 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©