Location: London, GB
||CTO Data & Transformation
|Posting End Date
As part of the Bank’s focus on digitalisation both for its clients and internally, the EBRD has recently embarked on an exciting journey of internal digitalisation and wider transformation of its operating model, and is looking to hire change advocates with specific experience in KYC and screening processes.
After years of organic and tactical evolution of the Bank, there is now an urgent need for strategic improvements to the operating model, with a significant impact expected on systems and policies. Therefore, an initial piece of work has been approved to scope-out, define and design the future business processes and platforms related to customer and transactional screening and related monitoring and control processes. Activities include (but not limited to): defining the scope of operating model transformation required, re-designing the operating model, designing of the end to end processes spanning several business groups and technology platforms that could be used in the future.
We are looking for Principal level Business Analysts with recent hands-on experience of designing and implementing customer and transactional screening solutions and processes.
As part of the Bank’s focus on digitalisation both for its clients and internally, the EBRD has recently embarked on an exciting journey of internal digitalisation and wider transformation of our HR function, one of the largest scale transformations Bank has been through in the 30 years since the Bank’s inception, and is looking to hire change advocates with experience in HR transformation and HCM systems implementation.
After years of organic and tactical evolution of the HR group operating model there is now an urgent need for strategic improvements to the operating model, with a significant impact expected on systems and policies. Therefore, an initial piece of work has been approved to scope-out, define and design the future strategic business processes and platforms, including (but not limited to): defining the scope of operating model transformation required, re-designing the operating model, designing of the end to end processes within HR and analysing potential HCM and other platforms that could be used in the future.
We are looking for Principal level Business Analysts with recent hands-on experience of designing and implementing HR transformations and HCM solutions.
Purpose of Job
The Principal – Design & Transformation (D&T) Lead works in partnership with business stakeholders to design and implement change. The Principal – D&T Lead nurtures their relationship with the business to ensure that both project and long-term strategic business objectives and expected benefits are clearly understood, documented, agreed and aligned.
The Principal – D&T Lead could perform any of the following roles as part of strategic technology or business transformation projects: Project / Programme Manager, Product Owner, Lead Business Analyst, Change Lead, etc. Usually, they work in matrix environments with specialist consultants as well as with other Bank staff engaged in the projects. Where required, they will work in proximity with the Bank’s technology capability teams to ensure services are technically enabled.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead 1-3 change projects or initiatives and manage respective resources.
- Manage and prioritise D&T backlog.
- Design, develop and maintain the Bank-wide and departmental Operating Models (Blueprint) aligned to the goals set out in the Strategic Capital Framework and the departments’ visions and strategies.
- Capture, review and analyse as-is processes, identify improvement opportunities and develop future-state processes. Process re-engineering approach should be aligned to the design principles of the Operating Model to optimise both the benefits and user experience. The approach should adopt industry standard methods, such as activity- based analysis, lean and six sigma, time and motion analysis, etc.
- Design seamless user experiences (internal and client facing) for both new and existing products, services and processes, using standard UX Design tools and techniques.
- Perform project management related activities as part of the shaping of the change initiatives, projects and programmes before handing off to appropriate teams for the actual execution of the change.
- Perform change management, working alongside other internal change partners (e.g. HROD, Communications, IT, Governance & Assurance, etc.).
- Create change-related artefacts, e.g. business cases, blueprint documents, process maps, funding requests, benefits estimations etc., as appropriate for the change initiatives, projects and programmes and hand them over to relevant departments upon completion.
- Respond to business needs (outside of major change initiatives, projects and programmes) and perform business analysis activities, supported by D&T associates. This could also include initiating innovative projects, pilots and proof of concepts.
- Provide advice and guidance to project teams’ responsible during all phases of the projects.
- In specific circumstances, Principal – D&T Lead may be fully or partially assigned to deliver the execution of the change initiatives, projects and programmes, as Project Managers, Product Owners, Lead Business Analysts or SMEs.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusted stakeholder relationships across the Bank and externally to enable and drive change across the Bank
- Stay up to up-date with current market and industry trends in order to bring new thinking and ideas back to the team.
IT capability alignment responsibilities
- Work alongside Product Owner and Capability Lead and other leads in the capability (e.g. Architecture, QA, etc.) to review the capability backlog, enable value-based prioritisation and plan capacity over the defined increments.
- Review documents and business cases produced by the Capability.
- Align Capability to Bank-wide and departmental transformation agenda, when validating business needs and proposed solutions to business problems.
- Communicate D&T backlog with a focus on the potential impact on the Capability and resources.
- Streamline and optimise working practices across relevant Capability areas
- Provide matrix management to Scrum BAs.
- Line-manage D&T associates.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Knowledge, experience & qualifications
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience gained working within Financial Services, Corporate / Investment Banking or relevant function at a Group level.
- Prince 2 Agile, Lean / Six Sigma, Business Analysis, SCRUM certifications etc. or equivalent experience an advantage.
- Solid understanding of enterprise/business architecture; ability to provide holistic and multidimensional business views essential.
- Proven experience in one or more of the levers of transformation (customer experience, organisation, data, processes, technology, people).
- Proven experience performing business analysis and articulating Target Operating Models and/or other business designs.
- Capable of providing advice and consultancy services in at least one functional area (e.g. banking, policy, risk management, finance, operations etc.).
- Experience working in and managing project teams, preferably in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices and external trends in organisational development, change management and organisational and/or product innovation.
- Sound knowledge of the entire IT project delivery lifecycle and development processes.
- Understanding of banking processes is a distinct advantage.
- Agile methods and principles for requirements gathering.
- User-centric mindset / UX-focused design.
- Process analysis and lean thinking.
- Clear thinker, sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to develop deep business knowledge and offer advice that spans IT and business domains.
- Fluency in written and spoken English mandatory.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all levels of staff required.
- Fine interpersonal skills, in particular service orientation, organisational awareness, leadership and people empathy.
Applications from staff members are welcomed, if the successful candidate is a staff member and their contract is regular, this will remain the same.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.