UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to Programme Management Specialist, the Programme Analyst provides programme support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in Yemen by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. The Programme Analyst supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, Cluster office, ROAS and UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of WPS
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to WPS agenda.
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Women pease and politics programme
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of Women peace and political programme
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination on women peace and security agenda to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Yemen
- Provide technical support to the Programme Management Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to WPS and Women in politics;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on Women peace and women in politics
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of women peace and security agenda
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the VWPP is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;