The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 357 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
The International Group at the European Climate Foundation is looking for a Programme Assistant to support the International Climate Politics Hub Secretariat. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in the operational aspects of an international network. The Programme Assistant will support the Secretariat team and Global network through a range of administration functions and duties including scheduling of global calls, calendars, and events, support to the ICPH Programme Director, and maintaining team tools, databases, and websites.
The role will suit a candidate with excellent organizational capabilities and attention to detail who is looking to grow and develop a career in climate change and/or managing global networks.
Key responsibilities of the Programme Assistant role include:
- Team support and Administration – lead on project administration duties, including but not limited to timely organisation and scheduling of conference calls, team meetings, diary & travel support for senior team members, in particular the Programme Director; thorough and well organised capturing, synthesis, filing of notes and action points; strong point of coordination for other ECF teams (e.g. IT, CEO Office, International Programmes;
- Team organization – helping the team to deliver well through leading on the managing and updating of various team organisation tools such as managing team actions, slack, sharepoint, google drive as well as some elements of the project website;
- Communications management – managing, with great attention to detail, the contact database and mailing tools ensuring they are kept up to date, fielding any issues that arise and ensuring all systems are functioning to their full potential; managing tools to send briefings; ensuring website is functional and coordinating with website management consultant; ensuring all communications channels are interconnected; being contact point for the network in case of any issues;
- Event logistics – support on the organization of meetings, retreats, conferences and team travel as needed;
- Policies and procedures – support development, updating, and implementation of procedures and processes for improving internal organization, online security, information management, network optimisation, governance, etc.
Experience and competencies
- Work experience in a similar administrative/operational position in a fast moving and complex environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to work flexibly, well under pressure, take initiative for managing own workload and be a creative problem-solver;
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written);
- People orientated, can-do attitude;
- Genuine interest in climate and the environment;
- Experience maintaining databases and websites would be advantageous.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A permanent full-time position.
Any ECF office location considered.
As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please upload your
- CV (in English)
- cover letter (in English).
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.