For more than four decades, FAO has been working with the Government of the Philippines, civil society, community-based organizations and the private sector to address challenges in the agriculture, fisheries and forestry sector. Joint efforts have included increasing sustainability in agricultural production, promoting value-adding practices, improving post-harvest management, enhancing productivity and increasing the resilience of agriculture-based livelihoods to natural disasters, climatic hazards and armed conflict.
The Project Field Assistant reports to the Assistant FAOR for Programme.
This engagement is envisioned to support the mainstreaming and implementation of anticipatory action at the country level in the 3 years. FAO’s AA programme is part of a growing number of anticipatory approaches to crises being implemented by organisations worldwide such as Forecast-based Financing (FbF). In FAO, this initiative is supported by a number of resource partners including the EU, Germany, Belgium and Sweden. FAO AA programme also promotes anticipatory action through Shock Responsive Social Protection (SRSP). In the Philippines, FAO coordinates a consortium of UN and NGO partners to work with the government on integrating AA and SRSP nationwide and in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). The Philippines is also spearheading this agenda in the ASEAN through a regional programme funded by EU, led by FAO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Field Assistant shall perform the following responsibilities:
• Assist the Project Field Coordinator in the implementation of project activities for FAO’s Anticipatory Action initiatives in the priority areas;
• Coordinate and liaise with provincial and local government partners, and other relevant stakeholders for the conduct of project activities;
• Provide support to the Project Field Coordinator in the documentation of project activities and preparation of relevant reports;
• Facilitate the processing of administrative requirements for the implementation of project activities;
• Facilitate the submission of reports and other relevant documents to the Team Leader;
• Carry out other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as requested by the FAO Representative.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University Degree in Agriculture, Social/Political Science, Community Development, Public Administration, Economics, Development Studies, or other related fields;
• At least two (2) years relevant and progressive experience assisting in project implementation at the field level;
• National of the Philippines
• Working knowledge of English and Tagalog
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions and private sector;
• Good interpersonal and written communication skills;
• Additional knowledge on social protection programmes/projects, including CCA/DRRM, at the national and local level is an advantage;
• Knowledge and skills on MS office applications.