Project Financial Management:
• Review IDB’s policies and procedures to ensure consistency with the project financial management policies of the Bank
• Support the selection of external auditors based on best practices of other MDBs.
• Contribute to the review of procurement process, particularly the terms of reference, for the selection of auditors and financial management consultants for projects.
• Assist project beneficiaries of IDB financed operations with the development of sound project financial management systems and familiarize stakeholders with IDB’s financial management policies and procedures in liaison with the field staff.
• Ensure financial management of all operations and ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the Bank.
• Provide necessary technical support to local implementing/executing agencies and project teams to carry out financial management of all IDB’s financed operations.
• Review audit reports of executing/implementing agencies and external auditors for all projects under implementation, to ensure compliance with IDB’s financial management policies/guidelines and raise flag in case of any risk.
• Assist in providing advisory services to the DG Country Relations & Services and DG Global Practices and Chief Economist regarding project financial management matters during all stages of the operations cycle as well as during strategic discussions held with countries.
• Assist in develop the necessary controls to detect unusual occurrences as part of an early-warning system to help prevent fraud and corruption.
• Prepare country financial accountability assessments over the project cycle of the Bank.
• In conjunction with Knowledge Management and Institutional Learning, contribute to the development and dissemination of the knowledgebase of financial management best practices, lessons learnt and country profiles in relation to procurement.