The Project Specialist I (PS I) is responsible for providing primary support to Tanager projects, new business proposals, and technical/subject matter initiatives. The PS I demonstrates proficiency in Tanager and ACDI/VOCA Group’s systems and procedures, understands donor regulations, and performs tasks with autonomy and good judgement. The PS provides day-to-day guidance and serves as coach to junior staff. The candidate must be a creative self-starter who can work collaboratively in a flat organizational structure with colleagues across multiple continents. The PM I seeks cross-organizational collaboration, alignment, and synergies with systems and services of the AV Group.
I. PROJECT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Assist with personnel recruitment and hiring.
- Develop and format scopes of work for consultants and volunteers, search consultant databases and screen CVs.
- Process requests for field personnel hiring, support field staff mobilization and repatriation.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Review and process expense reports.
- Update the volunteer tracking system, if applicable.
- Assist HR in the creation and updating of country employee manuals, as requested.
- Collect approval signatures necessary for authentication, notary, power of attorney, etc.
- Provide project start-up and closeout support, draft start-up and closeout plans and trackers under guidance.
- Collaborate with other departments and timely respond to requests for information.
- Maintain the project’s SharePoint sites and document libraries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project Financial Management
- Develop and maintain the project’s budget tracker.
- Assist Associate Managers with preparation of budget projections.
- Assist the Associate Managers with financial information gathering and reporting, including budget performance, burn rates, obligations, cost share, etc.
- Process monthly advance requests and financial reports, review for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Process and review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Track subcontractor invoices, payments, obligations, and other financial information.
Procurement, Subawards and Grants
- Support the procurement of goods and services, subcontract, and grant management.
- Prepare and review all pertinent documents for completeness and accuracy, ensure that the documentation is in compliance with the organizational policies and procedures, award document and donor regulations.
- Draft approval requests to the donor under guidance from the Associate Managers and/or Country Representatives.
- Maintain the project approvals tracker.
Work Plan, Reporting and Technical Deliverables
- Work with the Associate Managers and the field team to ensure the project’s compliance with deliverable requirements and schedules.
- Edit project monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and other deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of communications products and success stories.
- Update project profiles and contribute content to Tanager’s information sharing platforms.
II. NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
Organizational Strategy and Organizational Development
- Assist with pre-positioning and reconnaissance efforts, including research of technical and financial information; participate in reconnaissance trips as appropriate.
- Assist with reconnaissance trip logistics.
- Serve as proposal coordinator, pricer, or in other proposal roles.
- Draft resumes and proposal sections, such as corporate capabilities, management, personnel, and past performance.
- Under guidance, draft or/and contribute to Expressions of Interest, Concept Papers, and other technical sections.
III. TECHNICAL/SUBJECT MATTER SUPPORT
- Contribute to technical/subject matter initiatives including research, tool developments, or short-term assignments.
- Participate in technical/subject matter task forces, working groups or communities of practice.
- Under guidance, provide support to the project’s implementation of the gender strategy, M&E plan, and environmental compliance strategy.
IV. TEAMWORK AND LEADERSHIP
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior staff on day-to-day project support tasks and functions.
- Facilitate meetings and group discussions.
- Facilitate collaboration between HQ and field staff, internal departments, and external partners.
- Provide consistent and clear guidance and policy updates to field teams.
- Provide surge coverage for other Project Coordinators and Project Assistants during absences or in times of excessive demands.
- Support and enhance the company’s culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and align with our corporate values by treating others with respect and congeniality.
- Other duties as assigned.