UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Medium-sized UNDP-GEF Project “Complete HCFC Phase-out in Uzbekistan through Promotion of Zero ODS low GWP Energy Efficient Technologies” is aimed to support the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the implementation of its obligations under the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
Project objective: To accelerate HCFC phase-out to achieve the 2020 compliance objectives and sustainably reduce the servicing tail.
Project brief description: Understanding the implications of the Kigali Amendment, including conducting a comprehensive ODS Alternatives survey; facilitation of implementation of upgraded national legislation on control of import/export and use of HCFCs, other ODS and ODS alternatives; improvement of Customs capacity on import/export control and temporary storage of seized refrigerants; demonstration of zero-ODS and low-GWP energy efficient cooling technologies in various sectors of the economy both private and public ; and completing the upgrading and strengthening of the servicing sector capacity including recovery/recycling/reclamation of refrigerants. The project will also discuss resource mobilization from International Financial Institutions and Bilateral Agencies and local stakeholders to increase the investment to the RAC sector; conduct comprehensive outreach activities to increase understanding of ozone-related issues with a wide cross-section of stakeholders and end users. Gender mainstreaming will also be addressed across various components to involve women in the business of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning. The Project components:
- Component 1. National legislation and capacity building of customs and enforcement officers on control of HCFC and ODS alternatives import/export.
- Component 2. Strengthening the HCFC re-use system and implementation of demonstration projects on HCFC replacement.
- Component 3. Outreach and Resource Mobilization.
- Component 4. Gender Mainstreaming and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Outreach & Resource Mobilization Associate will be contributing to the Project in the implementation of Outreach and Resource mobilization plans and assuring that all activities including the awareness-raising activities, adhere to and are fully aligned with the visibility requirements. He/she will be in charge of the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and implement activities that promote increasing awareness of the public in general and consumers in particular on issues, related to the ozone layer protection, including:
- Strengthen developed communication and outreach strategy for the project in close consultation with the Project Manager and UNDP Communications Analyst.
- Facilitate and contribute to planning and organization of the media coverage, preparation of media-products (information packages, press-releases, infographics and one-pager) for project-facilitated round tables, workshops, briefings to attract attention of producers, retailers, consumers and other partners to ozone protection related issues in liaison with UNDP Communications Analyst.
- Upon consultation with the Project Manager, prepare and distribute promotional materials to ensure project visibility with the main government counterparts, civil society, donors and Media. Ensure that all publications and promo-materials are designed in compliance with UNDP and GEF Brand Guidance.
- In cooperation with and the support of the project team develop articles for National and local media and human focused success stories on the best-practices and achievements of the project for UN-supported global web-portals and other international Media.
- Assist in ensuring project contribution to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming) including in its communication.
- Ensure translation of press-releases, news, bulletins, web-page follow-up stories to three languages (English, Russian, Uzbek).
- Ensure storing of video/photo materials of each project-related event for press-releases and web-page follow-up stories.
Promote project’s resource mobilization efforts to increase application of advanced technologies in RAC sector through:
- Identifying and establishing cooperative partnerships with business community, international organizations, private sector, UN agencies, donors/key actors and other development partners.
- Networking, based on survey results a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy for application of advanced technologies in RAC sector of Uzbekistan.
- Developing project resource mobilization action plan and coordinate its implementation.
- Implementing of pilot projects for RAC sector investment in cooperation with the international development institutions.
- Performance of other duties related to the scope of work of the Outreach & Resource Mobilization Specialist as required.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Outreach & Resource Mobilization Associate is expected to support the Project in the implementation of Outreach and Resource mobilization plans and assuring that all activities including the awareness-raising activities, adhere to and are fully aligned with the visibility requirements.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross Functional and Technical competencies:
- Communication-Brand & quality management
- Ability to position a UNDP brand and uphold it to a high level of quality.
- Communication-Media Relations
- Ability to develop media relations across all aspects of media work including relationships with media and preparing media materials such as messages.
- Partnership management-Resource mobilization
- Ability to identify funding sources, match funding needs (programmes/projects/initiatives) with funding opportunities and establish a plan to meet funding requirements.
- Partnership management-Private sector resource mobilization
- Ability to identify, develop and manage partnerships that leverage private sector technical expertise and resources.
- 2030 Agenda People Gender-Gender and Institutional Development- Business Management- Resource Management
- Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity principles of accountability and integrity.
- Business Management -Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media, and other appropriate channels.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public relations/Arts/Resource Mobilization/Management/Communications/ Language studies or other related fields will be considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant work experience in the field of PR and Outreach and/or resource mobilization.
- Experience in international organizations on project related area is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Uzbek
- Good knowledge of Russian will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in the political, social and environmental factors and issues related to zero ODS, low GWP, energy efficient technologies, climate change mitigation and/or low-carbon development in Central Asia, preferably in Uzbekistan is a strong asset.
- Initiative and strong leadership skills.
- Result and client-orientations.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, initiative, analytical thinking and ethics.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to work in a team.
- Skills for using ICT as the tool and data source etc.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.