Job no: 556281
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Valencia
Categories: Information Communication Technology
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world.
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through innovative technology-enabled solutions.
This position will report to the ICT Manager (Solutions Engineer), P-4, in the Solutions Center and Support Section in ICTD’s Digital Core in Valencia, Spain.
A key perspective of the Center’s goals is to provide adequate, user-friendly, and modern business solutions to UNICEF’s different departments and stakeholders as well as to provide guidance, governance, and procedures to several enterprise processes such as data management, integration, program monitoring, digital tools and platforms, and business process optimization throughout the organization. These goals are aligned with the organizational strategy, enterprise architecture, ICT security and information management requirements of UNICEF’s different stakeholders.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the ICT Manager (Solutions Engineer) at the P-4 level and in close collaboration with other colleagues in the Solution Center, Platform Service Delivery teams and business analysts, the ICT Specialist (Integration Engineer) is responsible for the planning, designing, implementing, and operational management of integration solutions identified per business needs. This includes delivery of the core solutions and services that serve as backbone for business process that intersect the Enterprise Application ecosystem using different integration platforms, Application Program Interfaces (APIs), databases, protocols and data formats, and reviewing and proposing improvements to integration standards and landscape.
The incumbent will play a key role in designing, developing, and maintaining efficient, scalable, reusable, secure integration solutions aligned with UNICEF ICT technical standards, data security frameworks, classifications, policies, and guidelines. This position is also expected to create and maintain detailed technical documentation of the solutions to make sure they are clearly for reference to various stakeholders.
Perform and coordinate the evaluation of existing systems and components to determine integration requirements, and then design and implement integration solutions and underlying related technological platforms meeting business needs in accordance with UNICEF policies, and industry best standards.
Perform analysis of input, internal and output message data, and design, as well as maintain interfaces between different messaging structures and related applications.
Participate in the development, implementation, and enforcement of coding and API standards, assuring that all standards are met with all database implementations.
Design and develop solutions to facilitate the data transfer process between UNICEF internal (hosted on-premises systems and/or cloud-based) and external partner systems.
Provide support to systems analysts and programmers in all matters regarding data transfer including the necessary support in the use of such programs.
Implement and enable features maintaining data confidentiality and data security in integration solutions per the UNICEF data classification guidelines and frameworks.
Performance Optimization – Performance monitoring, measurement, and capacity planning of integration solutions, reviewing and recommending changes to deployed solutions and standardized configurations.
Develop detailed and thorough technical documentation. Provide support to other team members as needed in their absence
Provide production support for incident management and monitoring of integration solutions and ensuring all existing integration solutions function as designed and meet the required Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Keep abreast with best practices for enterprise data, establish strategy for robust, adaptable tools and frameworks that can support organization integration needs with new emerging technologies, needs and new opportunities and provide senior managers with adequate recommendations that will influence strategic decisions.
Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or higher) with a specialization in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or equivalent background.
• A first university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant area combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
• A minimum of 5 years professional working experience at the national and international levels of responsibility in designing integration solutions to connect a mixture of on-premises, SaaS and cloud-hosted applications is required.
• Sound knowledge in architectural realization and implementation of scalable integration and messaging protocols in high-traffic/low-latency environments is required.
• Good understanding of SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) e.g., Agile and DevOps methodology for delivering solutions is required.
• In-depth knowledge of all open API standards particularly, REST, SOAP and GraphQL, experience in development of microservices oriented integration is required.
• Must have experience with CI/CD process leveraging ARM Templates and Azure DevOps, including git, DevOps pipelines.
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational Database models is required.
• Experience with serverless, low-code integration services including cloud-based Integration services and Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) platforms such as MuleSoft, SAP Integration Suite, Azure Integration Services is desirable.
• Experience integrating enterprise systems with Payment Gateways and processing systems is desirable.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for International Professional positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Priority consideration will be given to eligible staff members participating in 2022 Mobility Exercise and Staff on Abolished post.
This is a re-advertisement, those who applied to the previous advertisement do not need to re-apply.
Advertised: Romance Standard Time
Deadline: Romance Standard Time