Location: Bangkok, Cambodia
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
* Communicating deadlines and processese to 13 COs to ensrue accurate and timely information is processed at a regional level.
* The main two elements of this role are supporting countries to produce their annual budget and year end reporting
* In addition to the annual budget and year end, the FC role includes;
1. Business planning processes
2. Accounting and Treasury
3. Financial Reporting and Analysis
4. People Management
The budget process starts in Jan and end in April. There are 6-8 templeates that evey country has to fill in. This role supprots the 13 countries to ensure thatthey understand the budget requirements and that they meet the deadlines imposed by the Global Hub. The FC will ensure that all COs are aware of deadlines and have adequate resources in place for submission dates.
* The FC is responsible fo rthe co-ordination between the 13 countries and the Global Hub to ensure all scheduels are completed.
* The FC will be responsible for ensuring that the reporting figures are correct and tie back to the P&L and B/S
* The FC will query COs for explanations for anomalies in their year-end reports
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position
Business planning processes:
* Support the Regional Finnace Director in communicating business planning instructions and milestones within the region to include long-term planning, budgeting and quarterly forecasting
* Review and consolidate annual budget from COs
* Support the COs in the analyiss of corporate financial reports
* Provide expertiese in identifying system strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement
Accounting and treasury
* Provide guidance to COs in the preparation and input of the monthly cash flow based on countries’ forecasts
* Endorse Country Office/Regional Office 3rd party payment requests to Global Hub Treasury
* Keep and update bank details and bank accounts signatories for the region
* Serve as a resource person for grants administration and resolve issues related to country grants
* Provide technical support to country offices in the use of corporate finnace systems to include SAP finance and grants modules, Business Planningand Consolidation (BPC)
Financial reporting and analysis
* Support the Regional Finance Director in the preparation and review of periodic reports such as Budget vs Actioqal, quarterly Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
* Review and ensure that regional office/country offices’ annual budget package adheres to the global instructions and budget allocations
* Review, validate and send feedback on annual year-end pack closing schedules and reports
* Liaise and coordinate year end audits with external auditors, regional/country offices and Global Hub
* Develop, coach, motivate and manage high performing finance results across COs
* Puts in place measures for implementing Child Protection Policy and creating a culture that supports Child Protection through identifying training needs, monitoring, supervision and performancec management.
* Ensure that Plan’s Child Protection Policy and related procedures are adhered to in all aspects of the work.
Qualifications, Experiences and Educations
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Computer Science or equivalent relevant work experience
* Experience 3 years in financial analysis – preferably in development or not for profit sector
* Strong proven experience in system management, trouble shooting, and capacity building in computerised Financial Management / Accounting software / systems
* Fluency in English required
Location: Any country in Asia where Plan is registered to operate in Asia – Pacific region
Reports to: Regional Finance Director
Closing Date: 18 Nov 2022
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.