Research Department Digital Marketing Consultant for RES/CCO
Background of this search:
At the Inter-American Development Bank, we are devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with groundbreaking research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The team’s mission:
The Research Department (RES) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Colombia (CCO) seeks to hire a dynamic digital marketing consultant to better promote its 170+ annual publications through digital advertising campaigns, the IDB corporate social media presence, email systems, and other channels. Given a growing number of key products, RES is seeking to secure additional support in digital marketing to disseminate its research more efficiently.
What you’ll do:
- Support digital marketing campaigns: Draft campaign briefs, research ad targeting, draft ad copy, and design ads.
- Develop social media content: Create content for IDB corporate social media accounts, RES senior management accounts.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are either a citizen of Colombia or a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in Colombia.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: A Bachelor´s degree in Communications or related field/discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in the communications/journalism field. Experience identifying target audiences on social media, designing ad creative, and writing ad copy.
- Languages: Strong language skills in Spanish and English.
Core and Technical Competencies:
- A proven ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Digital native on social media platforms.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing channels. Great attention to detail.
- Familiarity with IDB brand guidelines is a plus.
- Type of contract: Full Time Remote Consultant (CNS).
- Length of contract: 2.5 months.
- Location: Remote in Colombia.
- Responsible person: Communications Specialist (RES/RES).
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Local Remote Modality: Please note that the candidate selected for this opportunity will be hired to provide services remotely in their country of citizenship or permanent residency and where the Bank has its offices, for the entirety of the contract. The selected candidate will not provide services from the Bank’s office and will not be provided a physical space in the premises of the Bank’s Country Office. The candidate selected will be responsible for setting up the space, and for having the equipment, internet, and phone accesses to accomplish these Terms Of Reference, outside the Bank’s office. Access to the Bank’s systems will be arranged in coordination with the Bank.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests. Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants, and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we are committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our employees are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, IDB/IDB Invest requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.