Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position for MaMoni Maternal and New-born Care Strengthening Project (MaMoni MNCSP). Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
The Senior Manager – MNH & QI will provide programmatic and technical support to the MNH and quality improvement component including implementation and measurement of MNHQI bundles at the regional and district levels. This position will be mainly responsible for ensuring quality of maternal and newborn service delivery by Government and MaMoni-MNCSP staff as per technical standards of MOH&FW. Responsibility includes, developing capacity of regionalQI committees, plan and monitor activities to improve quality of MNH service delivery, organize/ facilitate trainings for staffs of GoB, NGOs and private sector stakeholders on MNH service delivery components. S/he will also provide hands-on clinical mentoring support to project staff and partner NGO staff, maintain liaison with the GOB and other stakeholders to explore possible areas of mutual work within the frame of MaMoni-MNCSP activities, ensure appropriate documentation of MNH-QI services at all levels in project areas and prepare periodic report on progress and challenges of the program implementation at the division/region/district levels.
This position will be based in Noakhali and require frequent travel to remote areas in order to coach and monitor district/upazila level people and activities.
Qualifications and experience
• At least 7 years’ experience in maternal and newborn health programs in national or international organizations out of which 3 years’ experience in management position
• Experience of working in a clinical setting
• Demonstrates coaching capability to develop staff capacity and provider’s skills
• Demonstrable experience in working closely with the government agencies specially with MOHFW and experience of working with a large complex multi-partner team.
• Understanding of MOHFW structures from national through community level and in-depth knowledge on 4th HPNSP operation plans related to MNH and QoC
• Medical Graduate (MBBS) with Master’s in public health, Health Management or other relevant discipline
Contract length: Contractual (till April 2023)
Job Location: Noakhali
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
: Fixed Term
: Nov 30, 2022