icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddrb as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AdSEARCH) project of icddr,b aims to improve sexual and reproductive health (SRH) outcomes and realise rights among different population groups with distinct SRH needs in Bangladesh.
The Senior Research Assistant reporting to the Principal Investigator will be responsible for conducting clinical investigation and scientific research on relevant public health issues in the context of treatment of children born preterm or low-birth-weight, support development of successful proposals related to these condition; coordination of research activities and develop research protocols from research evidence within the strategy of the center and organizational values and guidelines.
The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Brainstorm new research ideas and develop research protocols with scientists;
- Analyse protocol for feasibility of field implementation;
- Provide scientific feedback on laboratory investigations to be performed in a study;
- Review protocol and make appropriate suggestions in order to support creation of proposals, protocols, and budgets with funding potential;
- Work with Supervisor for developing and updating study tools; Review questionnaires, carry out validation interview, and check data for accuracy;
- Carry out monitoring for survey data collection;
- Organize and ensure quality checking activities of the laboratory data;
- Work for preliminary data analysis, translate the initial output, and draft report writing;
- Write the initial report, based on one’s own analysis, experience, and understanding of the work;
- Prepare final report for submission to supervisor after discussing with all team members;
- Read the latest literature regarding tests and procedures;
- Train other staff on quality processes;
- Maintain effective liaison with Community, NGOs that are implementing the project and other stakeholders;
Required qualification and experience:
- Masters in Applied Statistics/Statistics/Anthropology;
- Relevant experience of 3 years on similar works;
- Length of experience may be relaxed to one year for the candidates who have demonstrated exceptional research skills and/or publications in international peer-reviewed journals with significant contributions.
Contract Type and duration:
- Short-Term Contractual Service Agreement; duration will be 4 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk 43,423/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by June 3, 2023.