Position Title: Senior Technical Officer, COVID 19 Vaccination
Supervisor: Technical Lead (EpiC)
The Senior Technical Officer, COVID 19 Vaccination will provide technical support to the Meeting Targets and Achieving Epidemic Control (EpiC) GloVax and C-19 program activities, making decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and program quality and integrity and serving as the program’s first point of interface with USAID, government and other critical stakeholders on routine and strategic matters at the state level.
S/He forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of the FHI 360 EpiC project overall. S/he is responsible for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the interventions implemented by EpiC and its partners in the assigned state. S/he is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with FHI 360 EpiC and its partners in the assigned state.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Work with the relevant departments to establish and execute a capacity development plan to aid the state office for effective program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Provide overall supervision for FHI360 EpiC state office staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual, and financial requirements set by FHI360 and its donors.
- Support the overall management and coordination of FHI360 activities at the country office.
- Serve as the point of contact of FHI360 with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners at the National level as required.
- With the assistance of the country office M&E staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial and programmatic goals.
- With technical assistance from country office technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local FHI360 partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Review periodic reports from the state office level and forward same to the country office.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Ensure that all FHI360 EpiC assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of COVID -19, health systems, and related issues.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria up to 25%
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1-3 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience with COVID-19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience with COVID -19 program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This Includes taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles. FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and subrecipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.