Location: You will be based at either Dorchester or Taunton with travel required within the Dorset and Taunton, Somerset area
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £22,781 per annum
The Service Delivery Coordinator is at the heart of our Mobility Aids Service. We use kindness to help those in crisis. Our team are committed to ensuring that during a period of personal crisis everyone has access to the equipment they need, whoever and wherever they are.
We offer wheelchairs and other mobility items, as well as training on how to properly use them. We give people the ability to continue living independently and make a tangible impact on their lives.
“I think honestly, it’s the best service I’ve ever used. I genuinely think I would spread the word to anyone, it has just been an amazing experience … this experience felt like it made a life changing difference for me” – Terri, Mobility Aids Service User
A day in the life of a Service Coordinator:
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of various Mobility Aids units within your area. With a varied workload and travel to other bases, no two days in this role will look the same. You’ll direct line manage a team of staff and volunteers and be responsible for ongoing recruitment, training, supervision, and support. You’ll be responsible for record maintenance, rosters and delivery schedules, and for ensuring customer service and that service users receive a person-centred experience.
Driving requirements: Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
To be a successful Service Coordinator we hope you ….
Are computer literate with ability to work with online stock management system and Microsoft office
Have the ability to lead and team and can promote team building. Previous experience managing volunteers, or a team would be an advantage
Are a ‘people person’ and have good interpersonal and communication skills
Can plan and manage your own and other workloads and have the ability to prioritise work effectively
Have a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle to travel to other bases in the area as required
Closing date for application is 23.59 on Wednesday 7th June 2023 with interviews to follow.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting vacancy ID 7910.
Need help completing your application or supporting statement? Please read our useful “Candidate Application Guidance” document in the “Additional Information” link.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
• Holidays – You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
• Pension scheme– We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
• Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
• Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
• Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
• Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
• Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
• Cycle2Work -The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
• Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Internally this role will be known as a Service Delivery Coordinator
Connecting human kindness with human crisis