IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government to develop policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the Implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO’s global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO’s response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production, to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia and the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes and the Social Protection Officer.
The Project Support will be responsible for providing support to the Long Term/Transitional Cash and Livelihoods Interventions programme (LTCL) in Somalia, particularly under the Climate adaptation for Resilient Livelihoods (CadRe)
Tasks and responsibilities
• Support capacity-building efforts for the implementing partners by supporting training activities and monitoring programme implementation throughout the duration of the contractual obligations (LoA) to ensure quality implementation of all components of the LTCL programme.
• Closely supervise the work of implementing partners on the ground while ensuring that programme activities are running smoothly.
• Review reports activities submitted by the partners against the LOA targets and liaise with them to ensure proper utilization of project funds in the implementation of LTCL activities.
• Assess the quality of the programme implementation to ensure its meets FAO requirements.
• Ensure effective communication with implementing partners and support for proper/effective coordination of all LTCL activities with the LTCL team.
• Track challenges in implementation and report them in a timely manner and ensure timely and effective deployment of programmatic solutions.
• Assist in the preparation and follow-up on programme actions necessary for the timely implementation of the LTCL programme and all its components.
• Liaise with FAO call center unit to confirm beneficiary receipt of their monthly cash assistance and seeking for compliance clearance to release subsequent monthly transfers upon satisfactory CC results.
• Compile all relevant and required documents from the field and liaise with the Finance unit by preparing Disbursement authorization (DA) payment requests for processing installments of beneficiaries’ cash transfers payments, Service Providers’ fees, as well as the closure of the LoAs.
• Participate in consultation workshops and field missions to review progress, learn from challenges, recommend improvements and identify best practices.
• Support the team by ensuring that filing, scanning, and routing of relevant documents take place in a timely manner.
• Support the LTCL team with any administrative duties where required.
• Support in any work related to Social Protection, mainstreaming of gender and youth initiatives within FAO Somalia activities.
• Perform any other duties and activities upon instructions by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Community Development, Development Economics, Gender, Social Protection, and/or Project Management or related field
• At least 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English,
• Nationality of Somalia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• At least 3 years’ experience in international agencies (e.g., The United Nations) or safety net programmes is an added advantage.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT