Job #: req17653
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Required Language(s): English, Arabic
Closing Date: 6/8/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Working with the Team Leaders and the support staff in Dubai Office.
• Work independently and be able to effectively communicate both verbal and written correspondence in English and Arabic to various Consulates, Embassies, Government Offices, etc.
• High quality word processing, proofreading and editing a variety of reports, correspondence and documents in English and Arabic.
• Logging and distributing incoming correspondence.
• Independently drafting memoranda, letters and faxes.
• Establishing and updating/maintaining files, including the division’s files and supervisors’ files.
• Maintaining schedules and/or appointments for the Team Leaders and the support staff; arranging meetings and disseminating relevant information or material.
• Provide assistance for the organization and preparation of events, conferences, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Provide support to visiting missions and ensure trips clearance after verifying security information
• Making travel arrangements for the Team Leaders and the support staff for Dubai team.
• Assist with other administrative tasks as needed from IFC Dubai team
• Providing backup support to other ACS staff when required.
• Retrieving/extracting information from various sources, including magazine publications, IFC Library and the internet as necessary.
• Contribute to projects and activities as appropriate for the IFC team
• In close collaboration with supervisors, assist in preparing briefing materials and presentations and maintain background information and briefing materials.
• Handle written and verbal requests from internal and external clients.
• University degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience in a large International institution or private sector organization, working experience in an international organization is a plus.
• A proven team player, deeply committed to working unselfishly and highly collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, acting with integrity at all times to build trust, demonstrating emotional intelligence and working with exemplary dedication to internal and external clients
• Ability to communicate effectively is essential. Liaising with various Embassies, Consulates, Government offices related to office work.
• Excellent secretarial and administrative skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and flexibility to work effectively in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment. Ability to prioritize workload, be highly organized, detail oriented and work well under pressure with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
• High degree of initiative, proactivity, and commitment to meeting deadlines.
• High level of proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point and good knowledge and curiosity for IT tools.
• Strong English and Arabic language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials.
• Willingness to perform ad hoc tasks and to travel occasionally.