IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
In addition to its investment work, IFC operates a major program of private sector advisory services projects in Latin America and the Caribbean. The objectives of the program are to promote direct investment in the private sector, build local businesses and financial intermediaries, and help improve the business enabling environment, and hence contribute to poverty reduction in LAC. IFC in Latin America is now seeking to recruit an experienced Team Assistant to be based in Mexico City.
The TA will be responsible for the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their Team’s products and tasks. The TA initially will work under close supervision and guidance. The TA will coordinate extensively with IFC staff and collaborate closely frequently with team members both at Headquarters and in the Country Offices, as well as with external counterparts. The TA may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the Mexico City Office administrative functions. The TA will work regularly and substantially in English and Spanish, including translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in both languages.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide full logistical and secretarial support to business related activities, including: (i) organizing meetings/events/workshops, (ii) coordinating schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders, (iii) maintaining up-to-date work project and other files (both paper and electronic) and (iv) translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and local language, (v) assisting in preparation of various presentation materials in power point, and arranging travel schedule.
• Coordinate and plan travel missions for staff, including hotel, flight, etc.
• Word processing – drafting, editing, and finalizing routine correspondence, memos, letters and various reports and documents.
• Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitor changes and communicates the information to appropriate staff/ parties.
• Receive and place phone calls and taking accurate messages.
• Solve non-routine problems (e.g., responds to request, requiring files search, etc.) and routing incoming inquiries to the appropriate parties.
• Assist team by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and in Spanish. Uses word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard IFC formats and distribution.
• Coordinate with other IFC offices and with the World Bank.
• Perform other duties as required by the Country Manager.
Essential Specialized Skills & Knowledge
• Technology and systems knowledge: Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office applications) and other relevant technology and / or data base management systems.
• Project and task management: Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize own work and work of internal clients and complete tasks within agreed schedule institutional policies, processes, and procedures.
• Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people; and has ability to apply them in routine situations.
• Versatility and adaptability: demonstrate initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures, and technology. Can proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
• Client Orientation: Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact on clients.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
• Drive for Results: Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion: Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication: Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening, and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making: Demonstrates basic skills in information retrieval and organization, seeks guidance in complex situations.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, economics or other relevant subjects; a diploma in Secretarial Practice or equivalent is desirable
• Prior experience in the areas of logistics / project management will be very useful
• At least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience; experience working for a diplomatic agency or development organization will be a strong plus
• Excellent written and spoken English
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.