icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Alliance for Combating TB in Bangladesh project will develop a dynamic, strategic, and fresh approach to accelerate Bangladesh’s fight against TB. The solutions will be aimed at creating an environment aligned with the universal health coverage (UHC) vision and focused on defined priority areas – increased TB detection, decentralized DR-TB management, child TB, expanded prevention, and others.
The Technical Assistant will report to the Assistant Coordination Manager. The position holder will perform all X-ray-related tasks (radiography and imaging) in the field offices or TB DOT centres. S/he will be involved in–
- Capture the best possible image and upload images on web-based software timely;
- Instruct and counsel attending patients for doing a proper x-ray;
- Ensure clear image reading and necessary patient information to the Radiologist;
- Maintain the recording of individual x-ray registry/data in hard copy/software and secure appropriate report delivery to the client;
- Operate and handle a wide range of technical equipment including x-ray machine, paper/film printer, computer, scanner etc.
- Perform and support maintenance work periodically and share troubleshooting issues with supervisor and technical persons;
- Cooperate and participate in health-related routine/mass activities as instructed by the supervisor or centre management.
Required qualifications and experience:
- SSC or equivalent, with Diploma in Medical Technology (Radiology & Imaging).
- 1-year experience in conducting X-rays as a laboratory attendant at reputed X-ray Laboratories; however, candidates having experience with TB services and tele-radiology will be given preference.
Location: Any Upazila of Rajshahi and Sylhet.
Number of Positions: 03
Contract Type and duration:
- Fixed Term Agreement; duration will be 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. 289,330/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits;
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by November 30, 2022.