Assignment title: Technical Officer (Go.Data Officer), NO-B, SSA
Contractual Arrangement: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duty station: Kampala with frequent virtual and physical support in the field
Duration: 3 months
Host Entity: World Health Organization (WHO), WHO country Office, Uganda
Purpose of the Position
In the context of the WHO Health Emergencies Incident Management System (IMS), at the country level, the incumbent will provide technical support to the subnational incident management teams, Ministry of Health (MOH) and district health teams in strengthening Contact tracing, follow up and reporting using Go.Data.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
- Support data and information management for response activities, including COVID-19 and Ebola. This support includes national and at district levels.
- Provide on-site and remote training for Go.Data. This training will include usage of the Go.Data mobile and Web application.
- Provide training to staff in Ministry of Health, WHO and Partner institutions who may be asked to deploy in response to Covid-19/Ebola outbreaks. Training will include all essential Go.Data features and functionalities and ensure that trainees are able to use the Go.Data software independently.
- Provide training to contact tracing teams, on key concepts of the contact tracing and usage of Go.Data to support contact tracing activities.
- Provide advice for epidemiological analysis and use of Go.Data for in-country specific contexts.
- Suggest ways to enhance data flows to further strengthen data and health information management.
- Support Go.Data development and rollout activities, including capacity building of national and district teams.
- Customise R-reporting scripts, to national and sub national reporting requirements
- Customise dashboards and graphical outputs to produce outputs in a manner requested by national and district teams, such as workload analysis by teams or contact tracer
- Facilitate the monthly Go.Data review meetings with the Baylor/others and WHO team including the tracking of the Go.Data performance indicators. In cooperation with the team, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the planned Go.Data activities.
- Participate in any other activity that may be required in connection with the response data management function and perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Fostering Integration and team work
- Communication in a credible and effective way
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge and skills in Contact tracing program and statistical analysis, Go.Data Apps, data extraction and analysis skills, presentation skills.
- Familiar with DHIS2 implementations, ODK, R language and reporting scripts.
- Proven ability to multitask across various planning and implementation processes within a highly demanding environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge, competency and professional skills on the public health aspects of infectious disease control, epidemic and pandemic preparedness and response with particular attention to application of an all hazard approach in the context of the International Health Regulations and the use of event based and indicator based surveillance, as well as descriptive epidemiology and principles of public health in communicable disease surveillance and response.
- Skills in database management and statistical analysis of epidemiological and survey data, monitoring and evaluation or use, and public health information management.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft office, EPI Info, SPSS, R, GIS, ODK etc.
Essential: First university degree in statistics, computer science, database management or public health from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: An advanced university degree in health informatics, computer science, database management.
Essential: At least two (2) years related experience, at the national and international levels, in design and implementation of database management systems, analysis of big data, Contact tracing, public health surveillance, outbreak investigation and response.
Use of Language Skills
Excellent knowledge of English