UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Treasury Division provides banking strategy, banking payment structure, payment processing, Investment and foreign exchange operations, Cash Management, and Banking services to UNDP Offices globally, partnered sister agencies, and other HQ units and a range of support services to country office operations.
The Treasury Assistant under the supervision of the Treasurer & Deputy CFO for Resources, Treasury Division, the incumbent provides administrative support to the Treasury Division team (consisting of several supervisors, and specialists). The incumbent is expected to handle all routine administrative and daily Treasury Division support activities with very little supervision.
The position’s key objectives, contributions and scope of responsibilities are to serve as assistant to the Treasurer. This includes the effective function of office, administrative support, office maintenance, asset maintenance, contract management with key Treasury service providers, document management, ERP monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc payments for key suppliers providing services to the Treasury Division. This includes the administration and application/creation of E-requisitions, Fund/COA and PO requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Serve as assistant to the Treasurer and point of administrative contact for ensuring the effective and efficient functioning of the office of the Treasury Division and its operations:
- Arrange appointments and meetings.
- Request and process requests for donations from Members States by providing necessary certifications, check/cash deposits.
- Maintain of the filing system and ensure the safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations; prepare travel authorizations, process requests for LP’s, visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Process mail, faxes and maintain office logs of incoming outgoing correspondence.
- Order ZBA cheques for Country Offices.
2) Provide effective administrative support as the Treasury nominated focal person in the following areas:
- Acts as a Buyer in ERP and preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Serve as the Assets Focal person and Leave Monitor for Treasury unit.
- Act as custodian for management of office assets, stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Follow up on payment deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordinate with GSSC KL/CP Voucher and PO Team.
- Document management for HQ, CO bank accounts, bank account certifications to UNDP’s banking partners.
3) Provides support to bank account management:
- Administer and track, as gatekeeper, for bank account additions/closures.
- Maintain the log book and sign-off record of bank account opened, closed.
- Serve as a back up to Treasury Business Support Specialist (post 15321) to open/close bank account in ERP.
Core Competencies – UNDP Core Competencies can be found here.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Cross Functional – Business Management- Change Management
- Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change
Cross Functional – Business Management- Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillful grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Cross Functional – Business Management- Operations Management
- Ability to effectively outline, plan and organize business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
Technical – Operations: Finance- Admin & Operations: Travel Policy & Procedures
- Knowledge of travel policy and procedures; ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel-related matters
Technical – Operations: Finance – Admin & Operations: Onboarding personnel
- Knowledge of policy and procedures on administrative on-boarding, including issuance of office ID, email address creation, office space, telephone extension, Argus profile set up, issuance of office ICT equipment
Technical – Operations: Finance – Provision of ERP/Argus profiles
- Knowledge of policy and procedures related to processing and granting of appropriate ERP/Argus profiles based on the functional roles including special roles as required and approved by the authorizing official
Technical – Operations: Finance – Utilization of corporate credit card
- Ability to ensure proper use of corporate credit card for official use; knowledge of relevant policy and procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and/or Finance. University degree in Finance or Accounting desirable.
- Those with professional banking, payments systems and investment back-office certificate from an internationally recognized institute will have a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5 years, or 2 years with a Bachelors’ degree, of prior banking or treasury operations experience required.
- Office administrative management experience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills; analytical capabilities will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Knowledge of second UN language will be an added advantage.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.