|Posting Title:||UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) – Principles for Responsible Banking Academy Assistant|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Posting Period:||24 November 2022 – 12 December 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-United Nations Environment Programme-196131-Consultant|
Result of Service
The outcomes of the services will be to strengthen the UNEP FI implementation support for the industry frameworks, helping the banking and insurance industries to integrate sustainability into products and services and implement the Principles for Responsible Banking.
The services will also help promote sustainability into all aspects of the financial sector’s products and services 1) developing materials to enable banks to mobilize private investment in the SDGs in order to improve the access of developing countries to sustainable finance, especially in least developed countries and small island developing states; 2) supporting the development of a curriculum and syllabus to deliver technical educational support for financial institutions to establish the systems needed to monitor the impacts of their financing and, with these systems in place, to set and deliver targets in priority areas; 3) support the project management of the implementation of the Principles for Responsible Banking Academy.
Geneva, Switzerland/ Remote based in Europe
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The overall objective of the UNEP’s Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities.
The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is the strategic partnership between the United Nations and over 400 banks, insurers and investors. For over 28 years UNEP FI has been shaping and driving the international sustainable finance agenda, setting global standards and growing a global network of leading financial institutions. Through its work-streams and regional activities, peer learning, methodology development, training and research, UNEP FI carries out its mission to help the financial industry align with and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and with that take on the crucial role it must play in achieving a sustainable future.
UNEP FI requires a Project Assistant consultant to support the PRB Academy Coordinator for the Principles for Responsible Banking Academy and the implementation of its training strategy, which is designed to support implementation of the Principles for Responsible Banking. The consultant will support the project coordinator of the development of the Principles for Responsible Banking Academy, alongside the project coordinator, key stakeholders, and partners. The consultant will work on support with UNEP FI’s Secretariat to achieve UNEP FI’s mission to accelerate the development of financial institutions that integrate sustainability and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Objectives and outputs expectations:
1. Support the PRBA Coordinator in overall PRBA project management – updating project plans and project documentation.
2. Support in taking minutes during the recurring internal and external meetings and following up on action points
3. Support in scheduling internal and external meetings/workshops/webinars, pre- and post-meeting administrative support (follow-up; obtaining and analysing meeting/workshop data; compiling feedback).
4. Support the PRBA Coordinator in coordinating the development of contents and materials for regional capacity building, learning formats and diverse education channels
5. Support the development of learning materials and case studies on impact analysis, target setting and SDG product development/measures to implement targets for banks and insurers, coordinating with UNEP FI’s technical experts, training and regional coordination teams
6. Support the development of a curriculum and subsidiary syllabuses to deliver UNEP FI’s training strategy to support PRB implementation (e.g., first steps for PRB implementation, impact analysis, climate targets)
7. Support the internal and external curriculum consultation processes (liaising with partner organizations, banks and relevant internal stakeholders)
8. Support the project management of the establishment of a Principles for Responsible Banking Academy and development of required training
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
– Overall ad-hoc admin support for the Principles for Responsible Banking Academy project: internal and external project tasks and milestones delivery
– Support in drafting documents such as draft proposals, project plan updates, training content, workshop presentations etc.
– Support in taking minutes during the recurring internal and external meetings and following up on action points
– Support in scheduling internal and external meetings/workshops/webinars, pre- and post-meeting administrative support (follow-up; obtaining and analysing meeting/workshop data; compiling feedback)
– Support in coordination of PRBA Curriculum Committee, Steering Committee and stakeholder engagement
– Administrative support with drafting different types of reports for the Academy
– Data management – enrolments for PRBA – working with fees and figures, producing and editing reports on that data; collating data: obtaining training feedback and reporting on PRBA success and improvement plan/progress
– Liaising with UNEP FI internal teams and external partners
– Support the piloting of training for banks on PRB implementation to align portfolios with the SDGs and ensure capacity building is scaled up
– Other as needed
The consultant shall be under the overall supervision of the Head UNEP FI and report directly to the Programme Management Officer – Signatory Relations, UNEP FI. The consultant will work closely with colleagues in the Training, Banking, Communications and Digital teams.
Academic background – Degree or professional qualification in sustainability or environment, finance, banking, economics, education, professional training and development, communications, international studies, project management, business administration or related fields.
Experience – At least 3 years’ experience in administration in education, with a particular exposure to project management and data management within national, international organisations, NGO’s or private sector.
Skills & knowledge – Knowledge and skills developed in an education and/or training environment; proven project and relationship management skills, knowledge in the field of sustainable finance; ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a diplomatic, organised and timely manner; excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, ability to be proactive and work independently.
Languages – English is the working language of UNEP FI. Knowledge of other United Nations languages is an asset.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.