Requisition ID: req35193
Job Title: Website Officer
Sector: Digital Engagement , External Relations
Employment Category: Permanent
Employment Type: Full time , 37.5 hours/week
Salary: £31,000 to £33,000 per annum
Location: London, UK or remote
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC UK was established in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with policymakers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC UK has grown rapidly and now comprises approximately 180 staff.
In Europe, the IRC also has offices in Berlin, Bonn, Brussels, Geneva and Stockholm.
The Purpose of the Role
The Website Officer is part of the IRC’s Digital Team and leads on the UK website: Rescue.org/UK. The role is responsible for writing, producing and editing digital web content.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent written story teller and copywriter with a keen eye for detail. They will be an SEO aficionado and use research, data analytics and best SEO practices – including keyword and competitor research, and backlinks – to increase web traffic.
The role will make recommendations to improve existing content on website, from an editorial, UX, and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) perspective. They will coordinate the management of the Google grant account and work closely with the Marketing Technology team in the roll out of new features and functionality on the site. They will work closely with fundraising colleagues to increase organic revenue.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
● Support the digital strategy that increases traffic and engagement to Rescue.org/UK with support from Digital & Brand Manager
● Lead on a Search Engine Optimisation strategy, bringing in external support as required, implementing recommendations in coordination with wider teams
● Ideate, develop and write web content to engage our supporters, encourage them to take action, donate and increase organic revenue
● Keep abreast of trends, breaking news and emergencies in order to produce reactive content that brings supporters to the IRC
● Keep Rescue.org/UK up-to-date – including the home page – and conduct regular audits to ensure accuracy across the site
● Adapt and localise content coming from other markets and make relevant changes to website pages when requested
● In partnership with local and global fundraising teams, and the CRO specialist, devise tests to ensure the site is optimised for donations and user journeys
● With support from the global analytics team, be responsible for best practice and analytics for the site, setting and tracking KPIs, and contributing to reporting including globally and for the UK Board
● Oversee the Google Grant, bringing in external support as required
● Work with MarTech teams on new features for the site and to ensure it is technically sound and secure
● Support on copy writing for other digital channels including social media when needed
● Ensure Rescue.org/UK is faithful to the IRC brand visual identity, tone of voice and includes a range of voices, including staff, with a focus on centering IRC client voices
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
·Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
·Experience and knowledge in mobile optimisation of user journeys and websites
·Experience in using Google Analytics to report and inform content strategies
·Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced environment
·Ability to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a team, and maintain excellent relationships across the organisation
·Willingness to work flexibly in approach to work and/or work time requirements
·Committed to IRC values and mandate
· Proven experience in using SEO practices to create content and increase website traffic
· Demonstrable experience / knowledge of managing websites, implementing SEO strategies and publishing on digital platforms
Preferred experience & skills:
· Understanding of UX, testing and how to optimise for conversions and increase organic revenue
· Experience of working on multi-channel campaigns
· Knowledge of Google grant or Google ads account
· Experience using Brandwatch (or similar tool)
· Experience using Drupal or similar CMS
· Experience of conducting interviews to create compelling written content
● UK based working from our offices near Bank/ St Paul’s. We implement a hybrid working model (one day in the office) but remote working will be considered on case by case basis
● Standard office working environment
● This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Candidates must have the right to work in UK where they will be based.
The closing date for applications is 7th December 2022. We will be reviewing candidates as they apply , so if suitable candidate is found , advertisement will be closed sooner then deadline date.
IRC UK strives to be an equal opportunities employer. IRC UK is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role. Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the UK HR team at email@example.com