Result of Service
1. Completion of a Welfare & Recreation Work Plan for all Mission locations, including implementation of the plan.
2. Delivery of programs to personnel with the purpose to increase adjustment to mission life as well as increase cooperation between sections, duty stations and all categories of personnel.
3. Creation of a website on the Mission’s SharePoint, including publishing of welfare activities and articles.
4. Visit the Regional Offices to conduct welfare activities and provide non-clinical counselling.
5. Timely processing and following-up of assigned work, seeking advice from and/or reporting to supervisor as needed.
6. Appropriate policies, rules, guidelines, procedures and practices consistently applied.
7. Effective and timely liaison and interaction with colleagues and concerned internal and external parties.
An interim performance evaluation is expected to be conducted at the end of the six months to ensure that the performance is being monitored appropriately.
6 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
This position is located with in the Office of the Chief of Staff of the United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia (UNVMC).The Welfare Assistant will be based in Bogota and will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff (COS).
• Promotes the active participation of UNVMC staff members and other personnel in welfare activities and contribute towards the well-being of the communities in which they live.
• Develops and delivers programs to increase adjustment to mission life as well as increase cooperation between sections, duty stations and all categories of personnel.
• Develops a Welfare and Recreation Work Plan for all Mission locations and follows up on the implementation of the plan.
• Monitors environmental factors that could lead to unhealthy lifestyle.
• Increases personnel awareness and information about social and recreational opportunities available to them in the mission area by developing informational resources in all areas in Colombia where UNVMC personnel are deployed.
• Organizes staff welfare activities in the Mission, establishing and working with a Welfare Committee; pro-actively solicits views of constituents and organizes welfare activities of interest to the constituents.
• Facilitates increased welfare initiatives in the team sites through offering support to committees and fostering the development of new committees.
• Assesses welfare needs within the mission.
• Acts as a non-clinical counseling resource to any staff member within mission area requiring non-judgmental support and assistance in resolving any personal and/or work-related problem(s) in consultation with the Staff Counselors as necessary.
• Works closely with the Welfare Committee and provides technical support, coaching, mentoring and advice, as necessary.
• Creates and maintains a website on the Mission’s SharePoint to publish a schedule of welfare activities as well as articles on health and well-being in coordination with the Staff Counsellor.
• Travels periodically to regional offices in Colombia where welfare activities are required.
• Collects and submits statistics on activities, participation in events, and contacts with staff members, etc.
• Performs other relevant duties as requested.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is requited.
• Technical/Vocational diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities, Counseling, Sports, Logistics, Emergency Response/Peer Helpers and Training is desirable.
• At least five (5) years of experience in planning event related to welfare is required.
• Experience in human resources, budget and training is required.
• Experience drafting documents and communicating with colleagues and counterparts in an international setting is desirable.
• Experience with United Nations or similar organization’s Rules, Regulations, Manuals and
Policies is desirable.
• Experience in organizing conferences, corporate events or management of leisure facilities is desirable.
• Experience in providing services in staff welfare support in a field operation of the United Nations Common System or a comparable international organization is desirable.
• For this IC, fluency in English and Spanish (both oral and written) is required.
NOTE: Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and “knowledge of” equals a rating of “confident” in two of the four areas.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.