Your privacy is important to us.
Information We Collect
UNJoblink collects personal and non-personal information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with UNJoblink and to understand how its visitors use its website. UNJoblink does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account to provide an email address and password, along with a name (for an employer account).
- Social Networking Site: If you connect to our website using Facebook, LinkedIn, or other social networking sites (each a “Social Networking Provider”), we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Provider to share with us, which may include public profile information, current city, and email address. When we receive this information, it becomes UNJoblink account information for purposes of your use of the Services. Any information that we collect from your Social Networking Provider account may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the Social Networking Provider, so please consult the Social Networking Provider’s privacy and data practices.
- Payment and contact information: Those who engage in transactions with UNJoblink – by purchasing UNJoblink’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions.
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content, including, but not limited to, article and blog posting, organization profile, job posting, reviews, ratings, and likes.
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, post a review, setup your job preference, upload your profile picture, or sign up for a job alert. When you communicate with us via form or email, we store a copy of our communications.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users and employers perform on a site – for example, page views and jobs saved, as well as anonymized data on job views, clicked to apply, search queries. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, get insights on how people use our Services so we can make our Services better, and understand and make predictions about user retention.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Cookies and Other Technologies
To enrich and perfect your online experience, UNJoblink uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
We do not currently support “Do Not Track (DNT)” requests and similar settings or mechanisms.
We use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening visitor’s IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms page.
AddThis (Oracle Corporation)
AddThis is a service provided by Oracle Corporation, which displays a widget that allows interaction with social networks and external platforms as well as sharing the contents of this website.
Depending on the configuration, this service can display widgets belonging to third parties such as the managers of social networks where interactions are shared. In this case, also the third parties that provide the widget will be informed of interactions and Usage Data on the pages where this service is installed.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy or make our Services easier to use.
- To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of UNJoblink and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
- To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
- To customize the user experience. For example, to personalize your experience by serving you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, recommending content, jobs, and post suggestions.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you weekly job alerts, or to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our Services, or keep you up to date on UNJoblink.
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below:
- Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like Stripe, which process your payment); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); and other third-party tools that help us manage operations.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: Under certain circumstances, UNJoblink may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence.
- To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of UNJoblink, third parties, or the public at large.
- Business transfers: In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale, your personal information may be transferred to the relevant third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of UNJoblink may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
We have a policy that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
We show ads on our website, and the revenue they generate lets us offer free access to some of our Services.
Protection of Personal Information
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Data
Links to External Sites and Services
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, products and services, including, but not limited to, career services and jobsites, that are not operated by us. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.