UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
Under the overall guidance of the Team Lead, Capacity Development and Learning, and the direct supervision of the Capacity Development Associate, the Capacity Development Assistant supports the delivery of learning programmes, onsite trainings, learning solutions and services for UN Volunteers globally.
S/he works in close collaboration with staff members across UNV assisting, in delivering onsite and online learning programmes and courses. S/he promotes a client-oriented service environment as well as innovative approaches to achieving results.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support to onsite learning and training programmes for UN Volunteers
- Provide logistical and administrative support in the planning, preparation and delivery of onsite and virtual learning programmes and training events for UN Volunteers, as well as of regional UN Youth Volunteer Workshops;
- Support the preparation of briefing materials for participants and trainers;
- Support the recruitment of external trainers and facilitators from a pre-approved pool of facilitators;
- Assist in the design and production of workshop and training materials and handouts;
- Research and gather content for trainings, learning activities and exercises;
- Support in the preparation of briefings and guidance notes for external trainers, facilitators and speakers;
- Assist in the delivery of logistics aspects such as travel and visas;
- Draft workshop and training invitations, logistical notes and related materials.
2. Support to online capacity development and learning programmes for UN Volunteers
- Support regular enrollment process of UN Volunteers to online learning programmes and platforms;
- Provide logistic support in the delivery of learning webinars and virtual classroom events for UN Volunteers;
- Perform user support functions for online learning programmes and liaise with external service providers for troubleshooting;
- Assist in system administration, maintenance, monitoring and reporting on usage of online learning programmes and portals;
- Capture lessons learnt, prepare and present recommendations for improvements;
- Support in the preparation and conduction of evaluation surveys, analysis of survey data and qualitative feedback and preparation of evaluation reports.
3. Administrative support
- Monitor expenditures related to learning programmes, and gather and review supporting documents for payment;
- Support low value procurement of services and purchase of licenses for online tools, assessments, resources and materials;
- Process voucher for the payment of travel lumpsums for the UN Volunteers attending training at UNV HQ.
- Carry out any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationship
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Ability to use technologies and leverage them for learning
Recruitment design and management
- Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings).
- Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education;
- University degree is desirable, but not a requirement.
- 5 years of work experience in, event planning/support, and/or administrative support;
- Alternatively, bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in combination with 2 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in learning and capacity development is a strong asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in in working with online or cloud-based learning solutions or collaboration tools is an asset;
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- This post is for local recruitment only. It is open to citizens of Senegal or holders of residence and unlimited work permits for Senegal.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.