Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000053896
- Einsatzort: Eschborn
- Startdatum: 01.05.2023
- Fachgebiet: IKT und Digitalisierung
- Art der Anstellung: Voll- oder Teilzeit
- Bewerbungsfrist: 20.03.2023
Digitization and data are fundamentally changing the core business of development cooperation, enabling evidence-based program planning and effective project implementation, among other things. The GIZ Data Lab opens corresponding opportunities for innovation in service delivery in the fast-moving business of digital data. To this end, it brings together thinkers and practitioners to advance impactful, fair, and responsible use of digital data for sustainable development. The Lab works across the organization, in an agile and experimental way, on new trends and forward-looking solutions in our partner countries. Together with a strong network, evidence-based data use enables us to not only take leaps forward in the sphere of development, but also ensures that we offer sustainable services.
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments on Data4Development in cooperation with GIZ projects in our partner countries and our global network
- Identification and preparation of structured and unstructured (raw) data sources for use both inside and outside GIZ
- Implementation of new methods and systems for data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Advising the team leadership
- Development of prototypes to illustrate and validate potential new application areas for GIZ
- Structured preparation and dissemination of knowledge for solutions and tools, as well as internal and external communication of results
- Identifying and evaluating new fields for experimentation, new technologies, and partners
- Integration of results into the strategic innovation management and future-oriented alignment of GIZ
– Completed university studies in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable qualification
– Several years of professional experience as a Data Scientist
– Several years of experience in the implementation of data-based projects and development of prototypes
– Several years of experience in the application of AI methods for image and text analysis
– Confident use of programming languages such as Python and open-source libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Transformer
– Motivation to constantly learn new things and to follow and apply current developments in the field of data and AI
– Ability to work independently and responsibly
– Business fluent in German and English; Spanish or French is a an advantage.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
In order to fulfill the company’s objectives, the willingness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.