Terms of Reference
Title: Associate Digital Marketing Officer (PPC / Paid Search)
Duty station: Home-based
Section/Unit: PSP/Supporter Engagement Section
ICA Level: UNOPS LICA-9
Corresponding level: NO-B
Duration: 01/07/2023 to 31/12/2023 (possibility of extension)
1. General Background
PSP has been operating for over 10 years, working globally with different UNHCR regional and country offices and conducting a variety of activities to fulfil one simple primary purpose: maximize private sector funds while spreading awareness and advocating for a greater understanding of the refugee story, growing a global community in support of refugees and UNHCR.
The Supporter Engagement Section advises on, creates and delivers fundraising, communications and campaign strategies for engaging with UNHCR’s primary private sector audiences including individual
supporters and donors and digital audiences. In addition, to drive marketing excellence across the organization, the SES team provides training and capacity building to PSP offices, National Partners and HQ teams.
The increased engagement of digital supporters is at the heart of UNHCR’s private-sector fundraising strategy. The digital team creates, builds, and promotes digital marketing solutions for all UNHCR’s private sector audiences as well as supports wider external engagement efforts through digital marketing tools and strategies.
This role will work closely with the Digital Paid Media Marketing Officer to support key stakeholders across the organisation to develop and implement Google Ads campaigns on paid search and Google Grants accounts. The team is working towards an in-house media buying model of operation, therefore
strong working knowledge of various marketing channels, particularly paid search advertising on Google is critical for this position.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the Digital Paid Media Marketing Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:-
Accountability (key results that will be achieved):
Paid media campaigns management
• Collaboration with wider UNHCR teams to plan, develop and deliver strategies for paid search and Google Grants accounts globally in multiple languages, and spotting opportunities for meaningful growth within the organization.
• Hands on management, optimization and reporting of campaigns in paid search accounts including Google Grants
• Pro-active analysis of new keyword opportunities
• Writing a compelling search copy in close collaboration with other teams
• Day-to-day management of multiple global in-house Paid search and Google Grants accounts in multiple languages, including continuous optimisation towards established goals
• Audits of multiple Google Grants accounts across wider UNHCR network to identify growth and optimization opportunities.
• Running regular A/B Tests on creative assets, bid management and other optimisation tactics on Paid search platforms.
• Quick implementation of efficient PPC campaigns in the event of UNHCR declaring an emergency for fundraising purposes
• Acting as a main point of contact for all enquiries and training support on Google Grants and other paid search enquires, working with internal teams and global offices to offer advice and ensure best practices and techniques are properly implemented
• Active participation in Reporting / Dashboard building and other projects within SES.
• Supporting other team members in running Paid social, Video, Display and Programmatic digital campaigns with strict ROI goals.
• Supporting team members in creating and testing donation landing pages
• Troubleshoot performance issues and work with internal teams to find solutions.
• Generate innovative ideas and iterate on them to improve campaigns’ efficiency.
• Stay on top of platform and channel trends that could impact UNHCR’s fundraising performance.
3. Qualifications and Experience
• University degree (BA) -preferably Digital Marketing, Data Analysis or Business Qualifications or related field of study is required
• Google Marketing Certification is an added advantage
b. Work Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ job experience relevant to function or 2 years in combination with a master’s degree) – agency and international experience preferred.
• Proven hands-on working experience with Paid search accounts: Google ads, Microsoft ads,Google marketing platform suite (Search ads 360), Google Analytics, with proven certifications from key platforms.
• Proven track record of optimizing large and small ad network budgets
• Good knowledge of Microsoft excel advanced features to analyse large sets of data and make meaningful recommendations and identify actionable opportunities using analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as 3rd party tools
• Previous experience of successful copy writing for digital advertising.
• Experience of setting up A/B and multivariate testing.
• Solid understanding of direct-response performance marketing, conversion journeys and online acquisition
• Experience in managing Google Grants accounts (highly desirable).
• Experience in using Google Optimize for A/B and Multivariate testing
• Experience with paid social platforms – Facebook / Instagram ads, Twitter ads, LinkedIn ads, including management of conversion campaigns, lead generation ads etc
• Experience with 3rd party digital ad tech such as ad servers, site side analytics, DMPs, PMDs and/or multi-touch attribution
• Knowledge of Google Tag manager
• Understanding of agile principles and tools – Trello / JIRA or similar
• Experience of working with external marketing/media buying agencies
• Project management experience including planning and schedule creation for digital marketing campaigns.
d. Key Competencies
• Ability to multitask projects and meet deadlines consistently
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Effective organizational abilities
• Ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information
• Excellent numerical and data management skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Excellent verbal, fluency, and written skills in English. Knowledge of one or several foreign languages is highly desirable
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Technological awareness
• Effective planning and organizing abilities
• Excellent copywriting skills
4. Location and Conditions
This is a remote working position and the successful candidate will be home-based.
This position is initially up to the end of the year with possibility of extension subject to budget availability and overall performance of the incumbent. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff and engagement under a UNHCR affiliates scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance