icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddrb as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for consultancy with the Emerging Infections under the Infectious Diseases Division.
Assignment / Activity: Provide expert opinion and guidance in selecting PPM stakeholders and form a country-level partnerships body engaging public and private entities to scale up of Public-Private Mix (PPM) programme in the country. The consultant will also lead the ‘Bangladesh TB PPM advocacy capacity assessment study’ under the Strengthening TB PPM Advocacy in Bangladesh initiative.
Expected start date of assignment: June 2023
Duration: 10 months
Scope of work:
The consultant will work closely with the Stop TB Partnership and its consultants, National Tuberculosis Control Program (NTP) and other in-country stakeholders to strengthen TB PPM policy advocacy in Bangladesh for expanding private sector engagement in national TB elimination efforts. The initial purpose of the position is to form a country-level partnerships body engaging public and private entities to scale-up of Public-Private Mix (PPM) programme in the country.
S/he reports to the Senior Scientist and Head, PEI, IDD.
Major responsibilities would include following-
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support NTP in collating country level PPM policies, practices, publications, and reports to inform NTP about the gaps and areas to work on to strengthen PPM initiatives in Bangladesh;
- Organize quarterly stakeholder meeting with key PPM actors/influencers (TB PPM Catalyst Network;
- Organize consultative meeting with private sector stakeholders;
- Work with icddr,b research team and assist in Bangladesh TB PPM advocacy capacity assessment study;
- Dissemination of the TB PPM advocacy capacity assessment study among different stakeholders;
- Daft reports regularly to the donor for fulfilling milestones of the project;
- Assist in organizing bi-annual roundtables with private practitioners of large hospitals/diagnostic centres;
- Undertake other TB related activities under ongoing projects, as required.
- Stakeholder mapping to identify the key players for robust TB PPM advocacy will be developed and finalized;
- A country-level partnerships body in collaboration with NTP will be formed;
- PI will be provided proper guidance to develop research protocol, data collection, data analysis and report writing of the TB PPM Advocacy and capacity assessment study;
- TB PPM advocacy capacity assessment study will be disseminated among different stakeholders;
- Quarterly/other meetings with TB PPM stakeholders, Stop TB Partnership Team, NTP will be organized and facilitated.
Required qualifications and experience:
- MBBS and MPH with a good academic record;
- Minimum 20 years of experience working in the TB field including at least 10 years of consultancy experience in the Development sector particularly in the TB field;
- Ex-government employees from the TB sector who had the role of at least director/manager will be given preference.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for the selection process;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the selection process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications
using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org
by May 31, 2023