Job Opening ID: 224029
Job Network : Economic, Social and Development
Job Family : Programme Management
Category and Level : Internship, I-1
Duty Station : NEW YORK
Department/Office : Executive Office of the Secretary-General
Date Posted : Dec 27, 2023
Deadline : Jun 30, 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
We seek motivated interns to support the work of the Rule of Law Unit in the Executive Office of the Secretary-General. Interns report to full-time professional staff.
The following are the duties performed by interns:
– Support the preparation of senior-level management meetings, conferences and retreats
– Support the preparation of background and option papers, with a focus on rule of law issues
– Support the tracking and analysis of decisions and their implementation
– Assist in the preparation of speeches, talking points and meeting materials
– Support preparation of meeting notes and summaries
– Help monitor, identify and analyse rule of law and human rights thematic global trends
– Support the preparation of reports, papers, and correspondences
– Monitor the international, regional, and national landscapes for pertinent developments in the areas of rule of law and human rights and produce weekly reports.
Applicants to the United Nations Internship Programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
1) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent or higher such Master’s degree or equivalent, Ph.D or post-graduate degree).
2) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
No working experience is required to apply for this United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Work experiences as well as interests, skills and knowledge in the following areas are desirable:
– Rule of law, law, human rights, international affairs, gender equality
– Attention to detail and a passion for leadership support
– Policy work, field experience, executive support
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.