This position is based out of the Washington, DC office, and will have to report to the office 5 days a week (Monday-Friday). Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
The Facilities Department oversees the WRI Global office in Washington, DC, ensuring that the building is operating in an efficient manner. Facilities has a wide range of responsibilities, such as assigning Datawatch cards, responding to repair requests, ordering furniture and office supplies, responding to requests for temporary office space needs for new employees and interns, and assisting with mailing and packaging needs.
In this role, under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, you will support the entire institute by providing support in all areas of Facilities.
You will report to the Facilities Supervisor.
What you will do:
Facilities Support (95%)
- Answer and distribute incoming telephone calls to appropriate staff. Greet visitors and inform appropriate staff member of their guest arrivals
- Inform staff of visitor and office protocols listed on Banyan page, WRI Intranet site
- Oversee the repair and maintenance of printers and copiers. Responsible for first level of problem determination, responsible for placing service calls. Facilities Maintenance Technician will back up the Facilities Coordinator, as needed to ensure copiers are running smoothly.
- Maintain supply room including ordering general supplies (notebooks, pens, etc.)
- Train staff on use of copiers and printers and maintain well-organized space in the mail/supply room/ and all print stations
- Ensure that WRI DC office is maintained well and is appealing to staff and visitors. Notify Facilities Supervisor and Global Facilities Manager of any needed repairs.
- Process facility requests through the Cushman Wakefield APA Portal Requests for HVAC, misc. cleaning/vacuuming, etc. Follow up that problem was solved
- Train staff on how to process outgoing domestic and international mail (USPS, FedEx, DHL, and UPS shipments) via XPS and NeoPost postage machine. Will process incoming mail and troubleshoot the postage machine. Order mailing supplies for various mail and delivery vendors and the postage machine (e.g., USPS, Federal Express and UPS)
- Notify staff of incoming mail/packages. Forward any relevant mail electronically, as needed, for remote employees
- Backup Administrator of the iOffice facilities software, working closely along with the Facilities Supervisor
- Train staff on how to use iOffice. Keep the training documents up to date, along with any other communications
- Back up Facilities Supervisor in processing invoices in Office 365 (WRI Payment Processing). Learning and understanding them as they are processed
- Notify Facilities Supervisor of any updates needed to Banyan (WRI’s internal website) documents. Will also assist Facilities Supervisor in editing IT documents on Banyan
- Process PAF for new and terminated employees
- Work with Events Manager to ensure to ensure guests are given directions to the appropriate large meeting spaces
- Assign security access cards (Datawatch) for all staff. Collect security cards when employees are offboarded
- Maintain Omnilert our emergency alert system. Ensures that staff member’s essential information, such as mobilephone, secondary email, and business email is entered into the system, so they’re alerted in case of an emergency
- Also ensures terminated staff are deleted from the system
- Assist staff with business card orders to ship to home address, as necessary
- Ensure new staff and interns receive access to gym (submits waiver forms to Cushman Wakefield)
- Backup Facilities Maintenance Assistant for trouble shooting on coffee machines and ordering supplies in their absence
IT Support (5%)
- Process return labels for equipment returns to IT through XPS
- Assist with any IT-related task items from Facilities Supervisor
- Other tasks, as assigned
What you will need:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Experience: Minimum of previous Facilities experience.
- Experience using Outlook and Microsoft software. Knowledge of iOffice a plus
- Languages: Verbal and written proficiency in English is required. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Requirements:Existing US work authorization is required. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
57,600 USD to 59,800 USD in the US. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by the date of May 1, 2023. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organisation with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organisation that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organisational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognising our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.