Finance Assistant – (220008NY)
TITLE: Finance Assistant
LOCATION: Head Office, Yangon
Number of Position: 1
GRADE: NAT – 5
|Level 1: the post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
Assist to the supervisior for smoothly running the daily cash payment process and effective process of financial document filing system to support auditing purpose.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Checking various payments voucher in line with SCI policies & procedure and conduct with related person for the compleness of the supporting document and authorized sign according to SOD
- Support to Finance officers for daily cash payment transition, keep and record updated into cash/bank and payment register, conducting & inform suppliers for payment status and follow up to get receipt, and filing properly the related document.
- Liaise with logistic, Admin, HR and programm staff regarding all relevant financial document compleness and compliance issues.
- Assist to Finance Officers for all collections and payments are done against serially cash receipts and cash payment vouchers.
- Completely fill in the relevant SCI payment/receipt vouchers for all transactions ensuring accurate description, coding, and enclosing relevant required supporting documents.
- Carry out the regular financial data entry into the cash and petty cash offline excel spreadsheets based on approved payment vouchers.
- Carry out regular cash counts with line manager and investigate prior to reporting any discrepancies to Finance Coordinator.
- Assist to Finance Officers for clearing of advances in weekly basic and inform if it will not be cleared according to float control sheet.
- Assist to Finance Coordinatior for checking the document of bank payment process including monthly payroll payment through i-banking system and cheque payment process
- If require, occasional involve and go to the bank for cash withdrw and other bank transfer process together with Finance Officer.
- Organizing filling system in accordance with the required standards to ensure clear logical audit trail.
- With the support of Finance team facilitate the process of internal and external audit providing necessary financial documents and other information.
- Take appropriate recodes of issuing financial document for auditing by grants and re-filing by order with voucher number after the audit process.
- Typing reports and daily correspondence
- Perform any other relevant duties related to finance assigned by the supervisor
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy
Understand and apply the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and country procedures that includes reporting suspiciouns of child abuse in their envorionment.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Always acts in the best interests of children
- University degree and/or specification in financial management/accounting will be an advantage.
- Three years’ professional working experience, preferably in the development sector
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Skills in administration
- Proven team working ability
- Willingness to work in field office location
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Good communications skills, including English language ability
- Computer proficiency, especially MS Excel
: Fixed Term
: Dec 7, 2022