Result of Service
The individual contractor will work with the Human Resources Administration team within Human Resources Section of the Executive Office of the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Geneva. The individual contractor will report to the Deputy Chief of Human Resources Section and Head of HR Administration, through Human Resources Officer. Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the individual contractor will carry out the specific deliverables assigned based on the ongoing needs, and will work closely with the HR Administration team to provide support with HR administration with review of reports, preparation of standard templates, organization of files/records, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the individual contractor will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Support in reviewing review ECC reports, in consultation with HR Partners, and accordingly communicate to staff members on the requirement of certification of monthly and annual time statements.
• Review time statements, pending leave requests including certified sick leave, CTO accrual its usage and accordingly communicate/remind staff members to ensure approval or rejection by supervisor.
• Prepare and formalize briefing material for new staff members and reassigned staff between field and H duty stations.
• Prepare standard texts/templates in MS Word and Outlook for staff onboarding and liaise with relevant stakeholders on its usage/integration within the internal systems.
• Prepare FAQs related to standard entitlements (such as Dependents/MORSS/Rental Subsidy/Home Leave/ EG/ R&R / Danger Pay).
• Assist in developing Standard Operation Procedures of HR administration services provided to clients.
• Assist with maintenance of files/records.
• Performs other tasks as required to support the team.
A university degree or master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area.
• Relevant experience in preparation of HR related documents is required.
• Ability to perform a variety of specialized HR related tasks is required.
• Experience with the UN or in a multinational context is required.
• Familiarity with HR administration services is desirable.
• Ability to plan and organize work, while maintaining high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is desirable.
• Strong IT skills is desirable.
Relevant experience in preparation of HR related documents is required.
Ability to perform a variety of specialized HR related tasks is required.
Experience with the UN or in a multinational context is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations Secretariat language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.