|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Preferred Language(s):||French and/or Spanish|
|Closing Date:||12/5/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For the fiscal year that ended on Jun 2018, MIGA issued $5.55 billion in guarantees and had a gross outstanding portfolio of $23.3 billion. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s Operations Department (MIGOP) is seeking a highly qualified individual who is proactive, client-focused, results-oriented and team player to join a fast-paced working environment and fill the position of Operations Analyst. This position is part of the Global Transaction Team (GTT) and will be located in Washington, D.C. The Analyst will conduct independent research, analysis, and project management tasks, and provide support to the Team and participate as a Team Member on select transactions, primarily related to financial modeling, credit analysis, and business development. Projects contract, and data management are an integral part of the responsibilities of the analyst.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Assist in underwriting PRI and sovereign risk guarantees in various sectors and support team members on complex transactions with an emphasis on financial modeling and credit analysis
• Prepare sections of relevant reports (sector updates, sub-sector information, strategy documents, briefing notes, underwriting papers, etc.) and contribute to the formulation of conclusions and recommendations
• Research structures and participants of various projects
• Research and identify investor/sector conferences relevant for sectors and regions
• Write routine reports independently, including minutes of meetings
• Conduct independent research on various topics across different sectors and regions, including preparation of briefing notes for senior management; background information and financial analysis of specific companies; trends in foreign direct investment (FDI); identification of business opportunities across sectors and regions
• Work as transaction analyst in support of Underwriters on transactions with emphasis on financial modeling and credit analysis skills
• Collect data, analyze and synthesis data from public and WBG sources for business development and project assessment
• Prepare presentations and talking points for team and other groups in MIGA
• As required, provide analytical support in respect of portfolio management activities
• Must have a Master’s degree (e.g., MBA, finance, or related field) and at least 2 years of relevant experience (e.g., in project / export finance, investment banking, corporate finance and/or credit analysis work for a major bank/financial institution, management consulting firm, or trading company) or equivalent combination of education and experience work experience
• Excellent knowledge of excel and ability to develop complex financial models
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems and identify appropriate solutions
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels (inside and outside MIGA) with demonstrated team spirit and responsiveness
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of other language(s) especially French and or Spanish a plus
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.