WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people? If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
The deadline to apply for this position is June 11th, 2023.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
• WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
• WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment.
• WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
• A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
• We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section).
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work closely with the Regional Human Resources team in Panama and the Latin America and the Caribbean region, with the support of the WFP Talent Management Branch in headquarters, to support country offices (COs) leverage their talent acquisition efforts, guiding and supporting COs in the region become an employer of choice. He/She will also support them review their overall recruitment practices to bring about efficiency gains and improving the candidate experience and developing as a business partner to the hiring manager. The role will include developing a region-wide action plan and capacity building strategies aimed at increasing talent acquisition competencies in the region.
1. Contribute towards the development of country specific WFP’s Employer Value Propositions (EPV) adapted to local labor markets.
2. Contribute towards the development of outreach strategies adapted to local contexts and ensuring alignment to country office specific D&I priorities, in close collaboration with the Regional D&I Specialist.
3. Support country offices in the review of their overall recruitment practices to bring about efficiency gains and centering the candidate experience, without losing sight of WFP standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
4. Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring all strategies and proposals presented are viable and meet these.
5. Contribute to regional and country office-specific talent acquisition related capability building efforts.
6. Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, delivering targeted solutions to recruit and promote, retain and manage a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
7. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports on talent acquisition in the region, enabling informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
8. Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated practices and making suggestions to further advance talent acquition in WFP and in RBP particularly.
9. Other as required, including managing recruitment processes.
Lead by example with integrity.
1. Demonstrate and encourage others to uphold WFP values, principles, and standards.
2. Value diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourage others to do the same.
3. Stay focused and calm when under pressure, encourage others to do the same, and offer guidance and support to manage difficult situations.
4. Demonstrate humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and pursuing opportunities to develop.
Drive results and deliver on commitments.
1. Identify and align objectives to the required outcomes, holding self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results for maximum impact.
2. Delegate responsibly and provide appropriate support, empowering others to deliver results.
3. Respond readily to change in different contexts and adapt accordingly.
Be inclusive and collaborative
1. Promote inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by encouraging colleagues to collaborate by sharing ideas and openly raising issues.
2. Support development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback.
3. Seek out, trust and listen attentively to diverse views to capture, learn, build, and share new perspectives.
Apply strategic thinking.
1. Communicate and fulfil WFP’s vision and operational outcomes to deliver meaningful solutions.
2. Demonstrate curiosity, design and implement new ways of doing things when relevant.
3. Gather data and different perspectives, share knowledge, and use evidence to inform decision making.
4. Implement decisions, considering the risks and implications of actions for teams, projects, and other initiatives.
Build and maintain sustainable partnerships.
1. Initiate and build partnerships by identifying and promoting opportunities for mutual areas of interest and benefit.
2. Collaborate with partners to deliver common objectives by sharing information and working together on agreed solutions.
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Limited Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.