Result of Service
The consultant is expected to complete the preparation of the activities in a timely and professional manner, at a satisfactory quality and according to the UN standards.
a. Timely and effective completion of Uzbekistan report to the UNECE Questionnaire on Forest Information Systems.
b. Timely and effective identification of FIS-related stakeholders and organization of national consultations on application of FIS in Uzbekistan.
c. Timely preparation and submission of the high-quality input to the final draft of the analysis of FIS in Uzbekistan.
Effective maintenance of continuous contact with the head of the Forest Agency throughout the FIS development process, through the provision of regular feed-back and taking into account the resulting recommendations.
16 daysDuties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, Mr. Roman Michalak, in the UNECE/FAO Forestry and Timber Section, and in close cooperation with the International Consultant, Mr. Andrzej Talarczyk, the consultant will conduct analysis of current situations, needs, requirements and opportunities for setting up Forest Information System in Uzbekistan, in doing so the consultant is expected to:
• Identify key actors/stakeholders (both internal and external) in the country’s forest sector and forest-related policy-making information system.
• Prepare in-depth information on the country’s forest sector structure and the linked regulatory framework, in contact with relevant participants of the current and future information system and other stakeholders.
• Analyse the provided UNECE questionnaire on FIS and answer it to the extent possible. Contact relevant stakeholders, explaining to them objectives of the project. Provide information to the questionnaire, when appropriate, gather required information from relevant stakeholders.
• Facilitate contacts of the UNECE experts with selected stakeholders who will be approached to provide information on the status of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) tools and systems for supporting the forest-related activities and their requirements in this regard.
• Prepare national meetings (consultations).
• Define possible business goals for improving information processing and possible IT-related objectives.
• Contribute in an assessment of the current IT capacity, including:
o Identification and assessment of the maturity of critical IT processes, with reference to business objectives of IT to be pursued.
o Organization of SWOT analysis of IT resources, identified as information, people, applications and infrastructure.
• Provide the UNECE experts with additional information which might deem necessary for national analysis, preparation of the regional workshop and production of the final guiding document.
• Provide input, review, verify the text of the national analysis / final guide document
In this work the consultant will use the draft Guide for developing Forest Information Systems provided by UNECE.
All relevant information to be provided in Russian
Advanced degree in Economics, Forestry, Environmental science or related
Sustainable development, forest governance and management.
A minimum of 7 years in Economics, Forestry, Environmental science is required. Experience of FIS developments and country context is desirable. Experience in Sustainable development, forest governance and management is desirable.
Fluency in Russian required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.