FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated USAID project in Mozambique focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes by increasing use and access to high quality services. The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement and logistics. The Director of Finance and Administration will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID acquisition and agreement procedures, rules and regulations. The position will be based in Nampula and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
• Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a Bachelor’s accounting degree with 12 years’ experience;
• 10+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
• 5+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Mozambique experience is preferred;
• Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required; USAID cooperative agreement experience strongly preferred;
• Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
• Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of $25 million dollars or larger;
• Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
• Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
• Fluency in English and Portuguese required;
• Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
• Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow;
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.