Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the main objective of the position is to ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation.
– You contribute to the definition of mission strategy
– You ensure high quality accounting for the mission
– You ensure high quality cash management for the mission
– You provide financial and budgetary management
– You promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission partners
– You prevent and manage fraud and corruption
– You manage the Finance team in capital
– You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in finance and/or Business administration or another related field. You have a successful experience in humanitarian sector as finance coordinator in emergency and insecure context.
– You demonstrate a perfect leadership capacity and have strong people management skills
– You are able to manage and optimize a project specifically in an emergency context.
– You are able to work through partners.
– You are a strategic thinker with a strong drive for efficiency in service delivery.
– The candidate must be ready for multitasking, capacity building, and support partners in achieving financial obligations and compliance with donors financial standards.
– Fluent English is mandatory.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450EUR to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 686EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.