icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddrb as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
icddr,b is involved in researches as well as patient management. Nutrition rehabilitation unit of icddr,b provides dietary and psychosocial stimulation to the severely malnourished children admitted in the unit. The unit has a structured guideline to follow the children discharged from here.
- Document details information on socio-economic status including vaccination status of children and mother, family planning, Ensure anthropometry;
- Ensure medication, feed and management of children at NRU;
- Dispense medicines at NRU and NFU as per treatment guidelines/ protocols;
- Check patients with signs of intoxication. Perform bed side sugar assessment if required.
- Ensure nutritional follows up. Assist doctor / Nurse in treating patients with fluid or medication, First aid services; Adhere strictly to the icddr,b guideline during patient assessment.
- Arrange training for the newly hired health workers and outreach workers;
- Conduct the training program as per standardization guideline on patient’s anthropometry, vital sign measurement, sample (blood sugar, urine, stool) collection and documentation.
- Promote a spirit of collegiality and gender diversity amongst team members and in the organization;
- Encourage team members to collaborate across areas; Address and resolve any diversity related issues.
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor Degree with Midwifery training/ Diploma in Nursing & Midwifery/BSc in Nursing with valid registration from Bangladesh Nursing Council.
- 3 years’ experience in related field
Location: Dhaka Hospital
Contract Type and duration:
- CSA basis for 11 months with a possibility of extension subject to performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk.34,159/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 27th November, 2022.