HR Consultant – Young Talent Programs
The Human Resources Department (HRD) is responsible for the administration and development of the human capital of the IDB Group. The main functions of the department include managing the entire employee lifecycle, overseeing the implementation of the “People Strategy”, and implementing programs and methodologies in direct support of IDB’s results-based business model. HRD is also dedicated to implementing its mission to deliver human-centered experiences and strategically partnering with professionals who are passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean.
At the Talent Management Division (HRD/TLM), we build strategic partnerships with our clients across our 26 offices in Latin America and the Caribbean, our two regional offices in Asia and Europe, and headquarters, in Washington, D.C.
The Special Programs team focuses in attracting and developing young talent pools, fostering knowledge exchange and shared experience between IDB experts and external experts and promoting diversity and inclusion throughout programs deployed for the IDB Group (IDB, IDB Invest, and IDB Lab).
We are looking for a bilingual professional with experience in human resources management and/or business administration to provide services to its Special Programs.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the operational coordination of programs managed by the Talent Management Division for the IDB Group.
- Execute learning and onboarding events for said programs, including logistical arrangements.
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of special programs accomplishments and performance indicators.
- Contribute to talent management innovation, design, and digital transformation initiatives.
- Support the development of knowledge, communications, and outreach strategy for internal and external communication campaigns.
- Design and implement training and other solutions to support the programs, actively contributing to our Diversity Equity and Inclusion strategy.
- Use of the HR systems to ensure that the programs have accurate records and actions.
- Other activities as agreed with the Special Programs team leader.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in areas such as Human Resources, Business Administration, Learning & Development, Social Sciences, and/or related fields.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant experience. Experience in international organizations and human resources management is a plus.
- Languages: Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish is required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
Core and Technical Competencies:
- Skills: A team player with the ability to work with individuals of diverse levels, backgrounds, and cultures. Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail. Able to work under pressure, self-motivated, and proactive. Basic knowledge of human resources management, budget, and financial practices.
- Systems: Skilled at using Microsoft Suite, SharePoint, Visio, and Microsoft Project. Knowledge of SAP systems, and Tableau is a plus.
- Type of contract: Consultant (CNS), Full-Time.
- Length of contract: 12 months.
- Location: IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C., United States of America.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, afro-descendants, and indigenous people to apply.
COVID-19 considerations: the health and safety of our employees are our number one priority. As a condition of employment, IDB/IDB Invest requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.