IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in global manufacturing and services, agribusiness, health, and education. MAS sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers, addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity and can account for up to 90% of employment activity, particularly in the poorest countries.
The Group is looking for an Investment Analyst to be based in Bogota, Colombia. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Create financial models;
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Build and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to improve new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies;
• Monitor equity holdings and develop and implement sales strategies to maximize IFC’s return and development impact;
• Ensure any downside risk is mitigated via relevant strategies, appropriate management actions, or through use of market-based risk management instruments and strategies;
• Find opportunities for further business with existing clients in the areas of investment, technical assistance activities (e.g., sustainability) and financial services (e.g., clean technology);
• Conduct sector and market research and assist in the preparation of country and sector strategy papers, briefs, and project profiles. This would require working closely with the World Bank country and sector teams; and
• Extract and feedback lessons of experience from IFC’s earlier investments.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance or economics
• Experience in financial analysis within a financial institution, private equity fund, credit rating agency, investment bank, or similar (2+ years) with a proven track record
• Experience in projects related to manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors will be a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
• Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
• Demonstrated teamwork skills
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, in English and Spanish
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.