||3 years 0 months
||Washington, DC,United States
||Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese
||12/1/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC Equity Mobilization Department (AMC) within the Treasury & Syndications Vice President Unit (VPU) at IFC, mobilizes and manages capital for private equity investments in emerging markets. AMC was created in 2009 to provide investors with access to IFC’s emerging markets investment pipeline and to expand the supply of long-term capital to these markets, enhancing IFC’s development goals and generating profits for investors by leveraging IFC’s global reach, standards, investment approach, and track record. AMC has raised US$10.2 billion through 13 investment funds that invest across a variety of sectors, geographies, and strategies.
Please see AMC’s website at www.ifcamc.org for more information on AMC’s business.
AMC is currently in the process of launching two new funds fully aligned with IFC’s priorities. In addition, other new funds are being contemplated in the near term that supports IFC corporate priorities.
IFC Financial Institutions Group Funds (FIG):
These funds are currently managing growth equity and sub-debt investments in financial services sector companies (banks, insurance companies, non-bank financial institutions, and fintech companies) operating in emerging markets globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
AMC is looking to hire an Investment Manager (F2) primarily responsible for the IFC Financial Institutions Group Funds (FIG Funds). The position will be based in Washington, DC or Singapore and report to the Head of FIG Funds with responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Monitor portfolio companies and develop recommendations regarding portfolio actions including operational value creations, and divestments
• Proactively manage existing portfolio to increase the value of AMC / FIG investee companies and actively generate attractive returns for Limited Partners
• Contribute to high quality material for quarterly and annual fund reporting to LPs
• Support and work with other AMC funds on joint follow-on investments
• Assist in presentation of investment/exit proposals to the fund’s Investment Committee, articulating the detailed investment rationale and making concrete recommendations regarding proposed investments/exits
Investor relations and fund raising:
• Establish strong credibility with investee companies, Limited Partners as well as the IFC investment teams and assist in providing timely delivery of information and reporting
• Participate in regular LP visits with fund team and Client Relations
• Contribute to the fundraising of any new AMC funds related to the financial service sector including research & development and drafting of PPM, and pitchbook material, participating in investor roadshow presentations as needed, creation and management of data room.
• Work closely with the Fund team and AMC’s Director in implementing effective fund administration, including investor liaison and reporting
• Work closely with IFC counterparts across all aspects of AMC / FIG business.
• M.B.A or equivalent degree with at least 6-8 years of relevant professional experience in an investment bank and/or private equity firm, focusing on principal investments
• Strong analytical and investment assessment skills, and sound knowledge of equity investment documentation, accounting, financial statement analysis and financial modeling (building projections, running valuation and scenario/return analysis)
• Demonstrated client relationship skills including the ability to present to clients and interact effectively with counterparts at all levels
• Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
• Proactive, self-motivated, and well-organized with ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences; fluency in other languages (e.g. Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese) is a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently is required.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.